Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall Throwing Gang Signs

Featured Replies

Joker, I admire what you were trying to do here, but saying anything negative about a UK poster boy is incredibly pointless on this board. I thought everyone knew that.

 

He's a UK fan though so it's okay.

 

#CatonCatcrime

  • Replies 106
  • Views 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Joker, I admire what you were trying to do here, but saying anything negative about a UK poster boy is incredibly pointless on this board. I thought everyone knew that.

 

 

Hahaha, thanks. I'll say what I think is the right thing to say at the time, not really tons of people wondering what I'm thinking (though I do think it's hard sometimes with the message board and not having any voice infliction, facial expressions, etc.). What I'll say won't always be right, and probably won't be put the best, but it's probably pretty close to what I'm thinking.

 

 

Doesn't really matter how some UK fans might take it, they have their opinions, I have mine. I know UKMustangFan was a guy during the whole Ware/Twitter thing who seemed to be saying, "I don't really care if he did anyway", and I respect the hell out of that consistency.

 

 

Later on, if it's me saying something like I think the kid from OSU who was caught flipping the double birds after he got kicked out the game embarrassed the university and sitting out a half would be fair punishment, or that I think this or that kid at Louisville or Duke should have this or that happen to them, then it's something I can defend against "that's just you being a UK homer" because I'm more than willing to say I think stuff like what Wall appears to be doing doesn't reflect well on him or UK (and I'm not just trying to put Wall on blast because I don't want to be able to have a card to play if I'm ever accused of being a homer either, it's because I really wish he could do without being so public with his displays).

Hahaha, thanks. I'll say what I think is the right thing to say at the time, not really tons of people wondering what I'm thinking (though I do think it's hard sometimes with the message board and not having any voice infliction, facial expressions, etc.). What I'll say won't always be right, and probably won't be put the best, but it's probably pretty close to what I'm thinking.

 

 

Doesn't really matter how some UK fans might take it, they have their opinions, I have mine. I know UKMustangFan was a guy during the whole Ware/Twitter thing who seemed to be saying, "I don't really care if he did anyway", and I respect the hell out of that consistency.

 

 

Later on, if it's me saying something like I think the kid from OSU who was caught flipping the double birds after he got kicked out the game embarrassed the university and sitting out a half would be fair punishment, or that I think this or that kid at Louisville or Duke should have this or that happen to them, then it's something I can defend against "that's just you being a UK homer" because I'm more than willing to say I think stuff like what Wall appears to be doing doesn't reflect well on him or UK (and I'm not just trying to put Wall on blast because I don't want to be able to have a card to play if I'm ever accused of being a homer either, it's because I really wish he could do without being so public with his displays).

 

 

You do know John Wall is a jerk don't you? :lol2: I've heard he's not the best guy to be around when he is Lexington and I know that he isn't signing autographs or taking pictures with fans all too often either. Forget the gang signs, he's a jerk without them. :lol2:

  • Author
You do know John Wall is a jerk don't you? :lol2: I've heard he's not the best guy to be around when he is Lexington and I know that he isn't signing autographs or taking pictures with fans all too often either. Forget the gang signs, he's a jerk without them. :lol2:

 

 

Hahaha, had no idea.

 

I do think the requests for pictures and autographs would get incredibly annoying though.

Appreciate the kind words Joker.

 

For me it has nothing to do with where he played his college ball. I just don't care what athlete's do outside of their on court (field) performances. Now if they start killing guys (looking at you Aaron Hernandez) I care. I just take the approach that most athletes are tools in real life (unless they prove me otherwise), thus I'm never disappointed when they do stupid stuff. :idunno:

Hahaha, had no idea.

 

I do think the requests for pictures and autographs would get incredibly annoying though.

 

Then he should retire and go back to North Carolina and pick fights with teenagers at the Y with PJ Hairston. I bet they make a great tag team.

 

I'm not saying that people like him have to honor every autograph and picture request but that comes with the territory. He doesn't even have to sign them but don't be a jerk about it like I know he has been when asked. You don't play basketball for UK and not expect UK fans and especially kids to see you in public and not want your autograph.

 

He's a jerk.

3 Goggles?

 

Not sure why this is even a topic. Think someone is reaching.

3 Goggles?

 

Not sure why this is even a topic. Think someone is reaching.

 

He's not throwing three goggles... That's already been shown.

Lets be honest...we should care, at least a little, because who wants a recognizable star pro basketball player, who many kids look up to and try to emulate, showing some kind of allegiance to gangs by throwing gang signs up on the court? I know I don't want it. And it has nothing to do with where he played college ball.

 

And, IF this is actually what's going on, the new commish should step in and take action immediately. And this isn't even saying Wall is involved in a particular gang, per se. He may be doing it thinking it's "cool" and is somehow paying some sort of "tribute" to some homies that are in a gang. But then he just might see some repercussions as well.

Lets be honest...we should care, at least a little, because who wants a recognizable star pro basketball player, who many kids look up to and try to emulate, showing some kind of allegiance to gangs by throwing gang signs up on the court? I know I don't want it. And it has nothing to do with where he played college ball.

 

And, IF this is actually what's going on, the new commish should step in and take action immediately. And this isn't even saying Wall is involved in a particular gang, per se. He may be doing it thinking it's "cool" and is somehow paying some sort of "tribute" to some homies that are in a gang. But then he just might see some repercussions as well.

 

Disagree. As long as he is a law abiding citizen then who cares what hand signals he makes? And don't get me started on kids emulating athletes.

Disagree. As long as he is a law abiding citizen then who cares what hand signals he makes? And don't get me started on kids emulating athletes.

 

Gotta say PP, knowing you have kids who participate in athletics I'm kind of surprised you disagree with me on this. Also, I'm not sure I follow you on your last sentence and which way you are going with that, so please if you would elaborate a little bit on emulating athletes.

Gotta say PP, knowing you have kids who participate in athletics I'm kind of surprised you disagree with me on this. Also, I'm not sure I follow you on your last sentence and which way you are going with that, so please if you would elaborate a little bit on emulating athletes.

 

 

No way should any kid emulate an athlete. Athletes are entertainers for the most part. They can play a sport good and the only thing I can see a kid emulating about any athlete would be their work ethic. Other than that kids should never emulate an athlete nor should they be steered to emulate athletes. Too many athletes are horrible role models and too many of them aren't decent people. That's nothing to emulate.

 

As for the gang sign stuff, I have always taught my kids that if you are going to do something stupid on the court be prepared for the fallout. My kids have always played the game with class and I hope they continue to do so. They both have more sportsmanship than I do as well. They wouldn't care about Wall throwing up gang signs nor would they emulate because they aren't in a gang nor do they have contact with any gang members. I do expect to see my son throwing up the 3 goggles and pointing him to his head like the kids at Boyle County do after a made 3 pointer and I have zero issue with that.

No way should any kid emulate an athlete. Athletes are entertainers for the most part. They can play a sport good and the only thing I can see a kid emulating about any athlete would be their work ethic. Other than that kids should never emulate an athlete nor should they be steered to emulate athletes. Too many athletes are horrible role models and too many of them aren't decent people. That's nothing to emulate.

 

As for the gang sign stuff, I have always taught my kids that if you are going to do something stupid on the court be prepared for the fallout. My kids have always played the game with class and I hope they continue to do so. They both have more sportsmanship than I do as well. They wouldn't care about Wall throwing up gang signs nor would they emulate because they aren't in a gang nor do they have contact with any gang members. I do expect to see my son throwing up the 3 goggles and pointing him to his head like the kids at Boyle County do after a made 3 pointer and I have zero issue with that.

 

Gottcha. Sounds like to me we are in absolute agreement and actually don't disagree on anything, so I'm not sure after reading this how you disagreed with my first post since we seem to feel exactly the same way.

Maybe if Parents quit buying Signature Shoes, Shooting Sleeves and other equipment to emulate star players kids wouldn't value athletes the way they do.

 

Kids should never use athletes as a roll model for anything except for how they play the game, I think we all agree with that. But if on court/field/pitch actions are detrimental, kids are going to pick up on those as quickly as they will a cross over dribble drive by Wall.

 

I don't think John Wall throwing Gang Signs is going to turn a kid into a gangster. It is up to parents to keep athletes in perspective for kids pointing out good and bad behavior and making sure your kids can tell the difference.

  • Author

Apparently he's at it again. I kinda laughed when I saw this thinking back to people swearing up and down that "those aren't gang signs".

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.