Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari on The Colbert Report tonight

Featured Replies

Went and told a couple of guys I work with about this. We will be tuned in.

Pretty entertaining.

 

Got a link? I can't stay up that late at night.

  • Author
Got a link? I can't stay up that late at night.

 

Not yet, but I'm sure KSR will have it available pretty soon.

I fell asleep about 11:15 on the couch. I knew I should have hit the record button.

Colbert should just shut up. It's not about him...interrupting the guest is not funny. If he does this when he gets his new gig, you will hear America click as one to another channel. Cal was great, by the way.

Colbert should just shut up. It's not about him...interrupting the guest is not funny. If he does this when he gets his new gig, you will hear America click as one to another channel. Cal was great, by the way.

 

His numbers belie the theory that it's not funny.

 

You're confusing Stephen Colbert as an individual with Stephen Colbert as this character. They are not the same and he doesn't act like that when not playing a part.

 

He won't do things this way as the Late Show host.

His numbers belie the theory that it's not funny.

 

You're confusing Stephen Colbert as an individual with Stephen Colbert as this character. They are not the same and he doesn't act like that when not playing a part.

 

He won't do things this way as the Late Show host.

 

Yeah, I know about the "character" thing. But Calipari was not in character. Among other things, John was attempting to explain "Servent Leadership", a concept that I think many people need to hear and understand. I'll put it another way - "The Colbert Report" show as a whole was not showing respect for the guest. If Cal understood this prior to going on to promote his new book, maybe he should have picked a different forum. Or, maybe.....................what I think is funny is different from what others think is funny.

John was attempting to explain "Servent Leadership", a concept that I think many people need to hear and understand. .

 

I haven't watched it yet, but I completely agree with you in regards to Servant Leadership. Its a topic I thoroughly believe in and I think many leaders would benefit from. Love that Calipari has such a focus on it, and refers to it in his new book a ton.

Yeah, I know about the "character" thing. But Calipari was not in character. Among other things, John was attempting to explain "Servent Leadership", a concept that I think many people need to hear and understand. I'll put it another way - "The Colbert Report" show as a whole was not showing respect for the guest. If Cal understood this prior to going on to promote his new book, maybe he should have picked a different forum. Or, maybe.....................what I think is funny is different from what others think is funny.

 

He never shows respect for the guest and it is all about him. That's the nature of the character.

 

The ones that do the best are on regularly like Slate's legal expert, Emily Bazelon. She gets it. You say something then stop because he's about to make a joke or some other ludicrous comment, then you chuckle, then say whatever you were about to say.

 

It's all schtick... and I thought Calipari did fine. Of course he knew what it was going to be like, at least his agent did. Nobody could possibly go on that show anymore without knowing what the interview style is going to be.

He never shows respect for the guest and it is all about him. That's the nature of the character.

 

That's why I don't tend to tune in. I find him annoying.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.