John Calipari on The Colbert Report tonight

Randy Parker

He never shows respect for the guest and it is all about him. That's the nature of the character.

The ones that do the best are on regularly like Slate's legal expert, Emily Bazelon. She gets it. You say something then stop because he's about to make a joke or some other ludicrous comment, then you chuckle, then say whatever you were about to say.

It's all schtick... and I thought Calipari did fine. Of course he knew what it was going to be like, at least his agent did. Nobody could possibly go on that show anymore without knowing what the interview style is going to be.

Something good came out of it for me. I heard enough to want to get ahold of the book. I would love to see and hear Cal on a traditional talk show sharing the same stuff.

Something good came out of it for me. I heard enough to want to get ahold of the book. I would love to see and hear Cal on a traditional talk show sharing the same stuff.

He's been on just about everywhere the past two weeks. Can't miss him.

His book is very good. I completely recommend it. I started it Monday and finished it last night.