HammerTime

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be the absolute best player in the sport next year??? :lol2:

I get where you're coming from, but it is hard for me to think of any player who improved more than Kenyon Martin did from freshman year to senior year. Nothing wrong or outlandish based on pure talent with hoping for the same out of WCS.

Edited by Voice of Reason

I get where you're coming from, but it is hard for me to think of any player who improved more than Kenyon Martin did from freshman year to senior year. Nothing wrong or outlandish based on pure talent with hoping for the same out of WCS.

So we should just compare every guy above 6-foot-9 with athleticism to Kenyon and hope they improve more than any player in your memory? As I have pointed out, Kenyon is already ahead of WCS at the same stage even though he is at least 4 inches shorter.

Write this down. WCS will never be the NPOY and #1 overall pick. Comparison over...

So we should just compare every guy above 6-foot-9 with athleticism to Kenyon and hope they improve more than any player in your memory? As I have pointed out, Kenyon is already ahead of WCS at the same stage even though he is at least 4 inches shorter.

Write this down. WCS will never be the NPOY and #1 overall pick. Comparison over...

I agree it is a bit of a dream to hope WCS could get to K-Mart level,and it is rightfully sacriligious to a UC fan that anyone be compared to K-Mart - but here are their sophomore year stats:

..........................K-Mart ........WCS

Points Per Game..... 9.9 ............ 6.8

FG Percent ...........60.1 ........... 59.6

Rebounds Per ....... 8.9 ............. 6.1

Blocks ................. 83 .............. 106

Free Throw Pct ..... 47.6............. 48.2

Those numbers don't say K-Mart was light years ahead at year two.

If you compare their freshman years, WCS was head and shoulders better than K-Mart. Of course, you could say that the fact that WCS didn't improve year two and K-Mart took a nice jump forward shows there is no way WCS will get to K-Mart level.

I agree it is a bit of a dream to hope WCS could get to K-Mart level,and it is rightfully sacriligious to a UC fan that anyone be compared to K-Mart - but here are their sophomore year stats:

If you compare their freshman years, WCS was head and shoulders better than K-Mart. Of course, you could say that the fact that WCS didn't improve year two and K-Mart took a nice jump forward shows there is no way WCS will get to K-Mart level.

Freshman year Kenyon was behind Danny Fortson, Ruben Patterson and Bobby Brannen. He played 10 minutes a game. If WCS didn't have a better freshman year, there are serious issues. Once Fortson left things started to open up and Kenyon got it going. I like WCS a lot, but to say a Kenyon like senior season is on tap is absurd...

Didn't realize KM took such a leap forward, I guess I assumed he killed it from day one.

Didn't realize KM took such a leap forward, I guess I assumed he killed it from day one.

I remember him as a player who improved from freshman year to senior as much as anyone I can think of. There is no way I expected him to be player of the year as a senior after his sophomore year.

Along those lines, I don't expect WCS to be that good as a senior (if he is still at UK). But I also don't think it is comical to compare WCS' first two years to K-Mart's.

I remember him as a player who improved from freshman year to senior as much as anyone I can think of. There is no way I expected him to be player of the year as a senior after his sophomore year.

Along those lines, I don't expect WCS to be that good as a senior (if he is still at UK). But I also don't think it is comical to compare WCS' first two years to K-Mart's.

Willie played 450 more minutes his freshman year. Played more minutes as a sophomore and still didn't have as good a year as one JA classified as a "scrub" season for Kenyon. I'm done with this because from top to bottom the stance is absurd...

Willie played 450 more minutes his freshman year. Played more minutes as a sophomore and still didn't have as good a year as one JA classified as a "scrub" season for Kenyon. I'm done with this because from top to bottom the stance is absurd...

Martin played more as a sophomore, about 170 mins more. That aside comparing the two is ludicrous.