Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Willie Cauley-Stein Will Return to UK

Featured Replies

I'm just trying to figure out who Billy is...

 

Billy Hamilton. Couldn't hit water out of a boat. Just like JA trying to compare WCS to Kenyon Martin...

  • Replies 127
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be the absolute best player in the sport next year??? :lol2:

 

I get where you're coming from, but it is hard for me to think of any player who improved more than Kenyon Martin did from freshman year to senior year. Nothing wrong or outlandish based on pure talent with hoping for the same out of WCS.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Let's ask the college basketball guru.

 

GT, if Dakari were to return, do you see Towns starting over and playing more than him?

 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I get where you're coming from, but it is hard for me to think of any player who improved more than Kenyon Martin did from freshman year to senior year. Nothing wrong or outlandish based on pure talent with hoping for the same out of WCS.

 

So we should just compare every guy above 6-foot-9 with athleticism to Kenyon and hope they improve more than any player in your memory? As I have pointed out, Kenyon is already ahead of WCS at the same stage even though he is at least 4 inches shorter.

 

Write this down. WCS will never be the NPOY and #1 overall pick. Comparison over...

So we should just compare every guy above 6-foot-9 with athleticism to Kenyon and hope they improve more than any player in your memory? As I have pointed out, Kenyon is already ahead of WCS at the same stage even though he is at least 4 inches shorter.

 

Write this down. WCS will never be the NPOY and #1 overall pick. Comparison over...

 

I agree it is a bit of a dream to hope WCS could get to K-Mart level,and it is rightfully sacriligious to a UC fan that anyone be compared to K-Mart - but here are their sophomore year stats:

 

..........................K-Mart ........WCS

Points Per Game..... 9.9 ............ 6.8

FG Percent ...........60.1 ........... 59.6

Rebounds Per ....... 8.9 ............. 6.1

Blocks ................. 83 .............. 106

Free Throw Pct ..... 47.6............. 48.2

 

Those numbers don't say K-Mart was light years ahead at year two.

 

If you compare their freshman years, WCS was head and shoulders better than K-Mart. Of course, you could say that the fact that WCS didn't improve year two and K-Mart took a nice jump forward shows there is no way WCS will get to K-Mart level.

[/b]

 

Starting 4 sophomores ? Unheard of...

wouldnt that be 2 sophomores and 2 juniors?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

 

What? I'm sure GT has seen him play more than anybody on the board.

What? I'm sure GT has seen him play more than anybody on the board.

 

I was laughing because GT repeated what I said.

 

In short, you need to listen to me more.

WCS will never be Kenyon Martin. Ever. Stop it. :stop:

 

I think my eyes are bleeding now.

I agree it is a bit of a dream to hope WCS could get to K-Mart level,and it is rightfully sacriligious to a UC fan that anyone be compared to K-Mart - but here are their sophomore year stats:

 

..........................K-Mart ........WCS

Points Per Game..... 9.9 ............ 6.8

FG Percent ...........60.1 ........... 59.6

Rebounds Per ....... 8.9 ............. 6.1

Blocks ................. 83 .............. 106

Free Throw Pct ..... 47.6............. 48.2

 

Those numbers don't say K-Mart was light years ahead at year two.

 

If you compare their freshman years, WCS was head and shoulders better than K-Mart. Of course, you could say that the fact that WCS didn't improve year two and K-Mart took a nice jump forward shows there is no way WCS will get to K-Mart level.

 

Freshman year Kenyon was behind Danny Fortson, Ruben Patterson and Bobby Brannen. He played 10 minutes a game. If WCS didn't have a better freshman year, there are serious issues. Once Fortson left things started to open up and Kenyon got it going. I like WCS a lot, but to say a Kenyon like senior season is on tap is absurd...

I agree it is a bit of a dream to hope WCS could get to K-Mart level,and it is rightfully sacriligious to a UC fan that anyone be compared to K-Mart - but here are their sophomore year stats:

 

..........................K-Mart ........WCS

Points Per Game..... 9.9 ............ 6.8

FG Percent ...........60.1 ........... 59.6

Rebounds Per ....... 8.9 ............. 6.1

Blocks ................. 83 .............. 106

Free Throw Pct ..... 47.6............. 48.2

 

Those numbers don't say K-Mart was light years ahead at year two.

 

If you compare their freshman years, WCS was head and shoulders better than K-Mart. Of course, you could say that the fact that WCS didn't improve year two and K-Mart took a nice jump forward shows there is no way WCS will get to K-Mart level.

 

Didn't realize KM took such a leap forward, I guess I assumed he killed it from day one.

Didn't realize KM took such a leap forward, I guess I assumed he killed it from day one.

 

I remember him as a player who improved from freshman year to senior as much as anyone I can think of. There is no way I expected him to be player of the year as a senior after his sophomore year.

 

Along those lines, I don't expect WCS to be that good as a senior (if he is still at UK). But I also don't think it is comical to compare WCS' first two years to K-Mart's.

I remember him as a player who improved from freshman year to senior as much as anyone I can think of. There is no way I expected him to be player of the year as a senior after his sophomore year.

 

Along those lines, I don't expect WCS to be that good as a senior (if he is still at UK). But I also don't think it is comical to compare WCS' first two years to K-Mart's.

 

Willie played 450 more minutes his freshman year. Played more minutes as a sophomore and still didn't have as good a year as one JA classified as a "scrub" season for Kenyon. I'm done with this because from top to bottom the stance is absurd...

I'd take any semblance of a "Kenyon Martin type move" from Willie--All but the final chapter again--He's already lived that?

 

 

 

 

And yes----I still believe UC wins it all if Kmart doesn't get hurt!! (Willie too!!)

Willie played 450 more minutes his freshman year. Played more minutes as a sophomore and still didn't have as good a year as one JA classified as a "scrub" season for Kenyon. I'm done with this because from top to bottom the stance is absurd...

Martin played more as a sophomore, about 170 mins more. That aside comparing the two is ludicrous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.