Willie Cauley-Stein Will Return to UK

HammerTime

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KMart was far and away the best player in the country. Landslide NPOY. No chance WCS gets to that level. Zero...

But let's be honest that was also one of the least talented years of college basketball and the worst draft in history.

I'm not comparing WCS to Kenyon but I think UC fans really overrate how good he was . Why even argue with someone comparing WCS to Kenyon at this point . To defensive.

But let's be honest that was also one of the least talented years of college basketball and the worst draft in history.

I'm not comparing WCS to Kenyon but I think UC fans really overrate how good he was . Why even argue with someone comparing WCS to Kenyon at this point . To defensive.

19 points, 10 boards and 3.5 blocks a game. Shot 57% from the floor and dominated the game like very few players have in the past 20 years. Would have been consensus NPOY in a whole bunch of seasons. To not recognize that and try to put it on me is also absurd...

19 points, 10 boards and 3.5 blocks a game. Shot 57% from the floor and dominated the game like very few players have in the past 20 years. Would have been consensus NPOY in a whole bunch of seasons. To not recognize that and try to put it on me is also absurd...

I'm not getting into an argument about this Kenyon was good. Just feel your getting defensive, if Willie ever makes the jump to be worthy of convo then I will join this debate. I will say with Willies raw talent its fair to say his best ball is ahead of him.

Was great to hear this today. I was only a little surprised, I thought that he really loved the college life and U.K. and there was a chance that he would stay but in the end decide to go NBA.

With WCS, M. Lee coming back and hopefully Johnson (haven't heard on him), U.K. will have a strong plus experience on the front court to go with the incoming frosh / big men.

So Kenyon was a first rounder after his sophomore year? I'm asking... I don't know I didn't even know who he was till 2000 like everyone else?

I will go slow since you seem to be having trouble grasping this concept. Kenyon had a better sophomore year than WCS. When you compare stats as a junior, Kenyon will again be better across the board. As a senior? :lol2:

Remember this started with you saying WCS could have a KMart type senior year as a junior. HILARIOUS...

Not sure I've ever seen anyone get owned so many posts in a row....and keep coming back for more. :facepalm: This was almost painful to read. :lol2:

So we should just compare every guy above 6-foot-9 with athleticism to Kenyon and hope they improve more than any player in your memory? As I have pointed out' date=' Kenyon is already ahead of WCS at the same stage even though he is at least 4 inches shorter. Write this down. WCS will never be the NPOY and #1 overall pick. Comparison over...[/quote']

Maybe not but WCS after two years is a better rim protector, he just needs his offense to come along. Again, it took Kenyon 4 full college seasons to break out on offense. Could WCS do that? Maybe?

As for player of the year it depends on college bball 2 years from now. Kenyon's senior year bball was terrible and that was one of the worst drafts ever. Stromile Swift went #2, I think the Grizzlies would have been better off taking WCS after 2 years.

Jamaal Magloire was in the same draft and he's been to as many all star games as Kenyon.

Pumped and a bit surprised that WCS is returning. I wonder how much his injury and not being able to workout for NBA teams before the draft affected his decision. He's been one of my favorites since he stepped foot on campus and glad that we get to continue to watch him in a Cats uniform next year!

I know they are ifs, but if the Twins and Dakari come back, I believe that you're looking at:

4 Freshman Burger boys

4 Sophomore Burger boys

1 Junior Burger boy

And a 7' junior, former WR that will probably lead the country in blocks and be a lottery pick.

Going to be interesting to see how Cal adapts and changes his offensive schemes...again.