Indiana

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana has declined the invite and so has Marquette.

Serious question for anyone who may know. Obviously, as long as your team is still playing you may practice. But, if you decline an invitation to a post-season tournament, can you practice during the post-season?

Seems like turning down an offer to play in the CBI would be counter-productive to the program from a player development standpoint if you potentially lose another two or three weeks of practice and a chance to maybe play a few more games.

I get it's an anti climatic tournament, and the fans won't support it, etc. But I liken this to a bowl bid in football. So often I hear college football coaches talk about how much the extra month of practice helps them as much as the experience of playing in bowl X, Y, or Z.

Am I missing something here, or is this a fair comparison?

Loved it last year when Cal took the NIT bid and said basically, that's what we are right now, we are an NIT team. Own it, and go get better.

Not really a fair comparison. Football Bowl can equal a month or more extra practice...CBI or NIT just a couple of practices gained.

Depends on how far you go. You make it to the final four of either the NIT or CBI, and you're talking two and a half weeks more weeks of practices.

Many teams only get three weeks of pre-bowl game practice in football, I know it varies. But, I see this as an apples to apples comparison, from the ability to practice standpoint.