Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana

Featured Replies

....yeah, I don't blame hime one bit for not wanting to go to this.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to PAY to participate in the CBI and CIT, while also losing a ton of money as you don't have the NCAA paying for your travel. You have to guarantee a bunch of money to host, and then, as you can imagine, you play in front of friends and family.

 

No, you can't practice if you decline. However, with the rule allowing individual workouts in the summer, this "penalty" isn't has harsh as it used to be.

]I know from personal experience that no matter if your team has made the post season or not' date=' you can still practice right up until the National Championship game for your division. A team can go 0-28, 3-24, 15-15 or 29-1 (with that one loss coming in the postseason) and still get to practice once their season has concluded and they can practice as a team right until that national title game. Obviously the only restriction to this is the division since D3 ends a week before D2 and D1 ends a couple weeks before D1.[/quote']

[/b]

 

Both of these posts are exactly what I was looking for in this thread, much appreciated. Great insight from both of you.

 

I didn't realize the CBI forced a fee for hosting a game. Figured travel was at the cost of the program. I can see that being an issue for some schools, not necessarily IU. But they may have figured the money would be better spent in other ways.

 

On the bolded, seems we have a conflict though. Can you practice until the national title game, or if you decline, or aren't awarded a bid are you done? I thought you could practice up until the title game in your division as AE (great name) said. If this is the case, then I totally get IU not playing. If not, I go play, though the cost the Latin guy alludes to may make me take a long look at it.

I was always told the best thing for teams going to bowl games was the additional weeks of practice over those who did not get bowls. I'd assume it'd be the same for teams who make the Big Dance, NIT, CBI...

On the bolded, seems we have a conflict though. Can you practice until the national title game, or if you decline, or aren't awarded a bid are you done? I thought you could practice up until the title game in your division as AE (great name) said. If this is the case, then I totally get IU not playing. If not, I go play, though the cost the Latin guy alludes to may make me take a long look at it.

 

Once your season is over, in this case, we'll use DePaul, you can not have full team practices / workouts. However, you are allowed, much like in the summer, individual workouts that are limited in both time on court and number of players at one time that can participate.

Once your season is over, in this case, we'll use DePaul, you can not have full team practices / workouts. However, you are allowed, much like in the summer, individual workouts that are limited in both time on court and number of players at one time that can participate.

 

Had a compliance person forward me the language....

 

an institution may not continue to practice (or compete against outside

competition) in basketball beyond its last regular-season contest, including the conference championship (if any),

unless it has reason to believe it is under consideration for selection to participate in an NCAA championship or

other postseason national championship event. An institution not selected to participate in the championship or

an institution that loses in the championship may not continue to practice

I was listening to Dakich today. He said the frosh class was very disappointing and immature.

Sounds familiar.

Noah Vonlah is entering the draft, Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington are both transferring....Another rough day for the Hoosiers.

 

1. How warm is the seat under Crean right now?

 

2. Is James Blackmon regretting signing that LOI?

Sure seemed like it was getting toasty with the people I was speaking to in Indy this weekend.

If Crean goes does Alford come into play. He is having a good run at UCLA. But I remember some questioning if he was the right guy at UCLA. Would he leave even though things are going well.

If Crean goes does Alford come into play. He is having a good run at UCLA. But I remember some questioning if he was the right guy at UCLA. Would he leave even though things are going well.

 

My guess is he would leave for IU. But then again, didn't he have a chance once before to coach IU?

Oh it looks like Indiana finally got UK to play in their state. Only problem is their at home watching reall college basketball teams play

Oh it looks like Indiana finally got UK to play in their state. Only problem is their at home watching reall college basketball teams play

 

That's a good one Loogy. However, IU fans have that last meeting victory over UK to bring up constantly.

That's a good one Loogy. However, IU fans have that last meeting victory over UK to bring up constantly.

 

The funny thing is the last time UK and IU played UK won... They choose to forget it though...

The funny thing is the last time UK and IU played UK won... They choose to forget it though...

 

Dang, that's right! Sweet 16 of tourney. How the heck could I have forgotten?!!!!! JEEZ!

Dang, that's right! Sweet 16 of tourney. How the heck could I have forgotten?!!!!! JEEZ!

 

Doesn't matter. IU fans still bring up the game in their building in December. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.