Who would Dalton Start For?

I know there is a lot of conversation on here about Dalton, but he is who we have and is who we are going to have for the future. But as a matter of exercise, I am just laying out where he would be a starter as of today, not a year from now.

No way - Broncos, Colts, Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, Falcons, Saints

Most Likely Not - Giants, 49ers, Redskins, Cowboys, Lions, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears

Competitive Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, Texans, Panthers, Eagles, Rams

Right Now Jags, Bills, Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Jets, Bucs

Humbly Submitted:watching:

Edited by Bengal Maniac

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, the top half of the league's QB are:

Brady

Manning

Manning

Luck

Rodgers

Big Ben

Wilson

Ryan

Brees

Romo

Stafford

Smith, A.

Rivers

Cutler

He wouldn't start over any of them.

Then you've got the group of:

Flacco

Newton

RGIII

Kaepernick

Tannehill

Locker

Schaub

Vick

Bradford

I think Dalton is included in that group.

Then you've got the bottom-feeders:

Palmer

Smith (who I think could end up good)

Glennon (same as Smith)

Henne

Manuel (again, I think he'll be solid eventually)

Freeman/Cassell/Ponder

Weeden

Pryor (another I've been impressed with this season)

Honestly the only teams I think I'd prefer him on are the Buccaneers (Glennon), Vikings (unless Freeman turns up), Browns (Weeden or Hoyer), or possibly the Texans at this point in time (Schaub has just been atrocious this year).

I really think Henne of the Jaguars and Dalton are even. What difference would it really make for either team if their roles were reversed?

It's a tough call with the Bills, Raiders, and Jets (Smith, not the Sanchize) because Dalton's style differs from that of their starting QBs so much, but I still think I'd rather have what they do (or at least be just as content with what they have) over him.

Dalton may not lose you many games, but he has a sweet gig on offense with all of the talent surrounding him this year. Putting him on a bad team basically means he's worthless, whereas a running QB like Pyror or Manuel can give a bad team a puncher's chance.

Cardinals is really a toss-up. I think if they are both at the top of their game, Palmer gets the nod, but he's much more of an injury risk over the course of a season.

Dalton would start for Browns and Bills only if those teams didn't get a chance to see Lewis and Hoyer first. both those QB's looked better when we played them.

He, as of today, would not start for the Jets.

Had we done this thread in August, the answer would be different as he likely would have been considered ahead of Smith and he is better than Sanchez. I don't think the Jets would say Andy Dalton is ahead of or has greater upside with this offense as currently constructed.

I think the Competitive category is the best fit for the Jets.

I know there is a lot of conversation on here about Dalton, but he is who we have and is who we are going to have for the future. But as a matter of exercise, I am just laying out where he would be a starter as of today, not a year from now.

No way - Broncos, Colts, Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, Falcons, Saints

Most Likely Not - Giants, 49ers, Redskins, Cowboys, Lions, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears

Competitive Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, Texans, Panthers, Eagles, Rams

Your most likely not list should all be moved into the no way category.

We know what we have with Dalton, not a super star but better than average.

All I know is that he is only in his third year and has led a dreadful franchise to the playoff's in both years he's been in the league. This year he has beaten Big Ben, Rodgers and Brady and went on the road and beat the Bills where no Cincy QB has done since 1985.

I don't care who his teammates are and if they had more to do with the wins or not. Other Cincy QB's have had some good to great teammates with them and they didn't get the wins that Dalton has gotten.

Now, I agree, he needs to keep getting better but too many people have forgotten the not so long ago past where this franchise wasn't even competitive. He is still considered a "young" QB and I think he will still improve.

We know what we have with Dalton, not a super star but better than average.

All I know is that he is only in his third year and has led a dreadful franchise to the playoff's in both years he's been in the league. This year he has beaten Big Ben, Rodgers and Brady and went on the road and beat the Bills where no Cincy QB has done since 1985.

I don't care who his teammates are and if they had more to do with the wins or not. Other Cincy QB's have had some good to great teammates with them and they didn't get the wins that Dalton has gotten.

Now, I agree, he needs to keep getting better but too many people have forgotten the not so long ago past where this franchise wasn't even competitive. He is still considered a "young" QB and I think he will still improve.

That is one of the biggest problems with some NFL fans. They give so much credit to the QB.

Dalton didn't beat Rodgers The defense did. Dalton didn't beat Big Ben, the Steelers are horrible, Dalton didn't beat the Patriots, The defense just as in the other games beat them. Patriots didn't score a TD in that game...that wasn't Dalton's doing.