Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who would Dalton Start For?

Featured Replies

That is one of the biggest problems with some NFL fans. They give so much credit to the QB.

Dalton didn't beat Rodgers The defense did. Dalton didn't beat Big Ben, the Steelers are horrible, Dalton didn't beat the Patriots, The defense just as in the other games beat them. Patriots didn't score a TD in that game...that wasn't Dalton's doing.

 

Go back and read paragraph three. I don't care who the teammates are, the team won and he was the QB. It's a team game and he "manages" the games good enough to win more often than not. He needs to keep getting better but he is better than most of you think. Every team that wins, it's not just the QB, it's the team. I put just as much blame on the OC as I do Dalton. Gruden is learning a lot as he goes along as well. Gruden and Dalton came in together as rookie's and they both are still learning.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go back and read paragraph three. I don't care who the teammates are, the team won and he was the QB. It's a team game and he "manages" the games good enough to win more often than not. He needs to keep getting better but he is better than most of you think. Every team that wins, it's not just the QB, it's the team. I put just as much blame on the OC as I do Dalton. Gruden is learning a lot as he goes along as well. Gruden and Dalton came in together as rookie's and they both are still learning.

You are right, it is a team game which is why (and I'm not talking about you, but jusat the notion that everyone always has about QB's getting the credit etc.) I laugh when they say "Peyton beat Eli" etc. Dalton had probably the least to do with any of those wins yet he is the one getting the credit.

 

You are right though, he does manage the team well. He limits mistakes which is what we need.

He would clearly start on either the Titans or Cardinals right now as well....Fitzpatrick is terrible, and Palmer is having a horrible year, even by his standards.

 

He would not start in Arizona. Remeber Bruce Arians offense is based on down field passing, and what is the biggest weakness for Dalton? Bruce would start Palmer over him still. Also remember in Bruce's offense since it is based on down field passing people completion percentages are not going to be good. Just look at Andrew Luck last year, everyone would say he had a very good rookie. Yet when you look at his number he completed on 55% of his passes which was barely more than half his passes. So Dalton in that offense would be a bad thing, and probably would not get the starting nod over Palmer based on how their Head Coach likes to do things.

 

Dalton would start probably for 6 other teams, however some of those 6 other teams probably would put him in a QB competition for the starting spot with their current guys.

He would not start in Arizona. Remeber Bruce Arians offense is based on down field passing, and what is the biggest weakness for Dalton? Bruce would start Palmer over him still. Also remember in Bruce's offense since it is based on down field passing people completion percentages are not going to be good. Just look at Andrew Luck last year, everyone would say he had a very good rookie. Yet when you look at his number he completed on 55% of his passes which was barely more than half his passes. So Dalton in that offense would be a bad thing, and probably would not get the starting nod over Palmer based on how their Head Coach likes to do things.

 

Dalton would start probably for 6 other teams, however some of those 6 other teams probably would put him in a QB competition for the starting spot with their current guys.

 

Palmer is having his worst year ever. He's atrocious, washed up, a hack. He can't complete anything downfield this year. If they had a better option, and Dalton is that, he'd have already been benched.

The way I see it, the top half of the league's QB are:

 

Brady

Manning

Manning

Luck

Rodgers

Big Ben

Wilson

Ryan

Brees

Romo

Stafford

Smith, A.

Rivers

Cutler

 

He wouldn't start over any of them.

 

Then you've got the group of:

 

Flacco

Newton

RGIII

Kaepernick

Tannehill

Locker

Schaub

Vick

Bradford

 

I think Dalton is included in that group.

 

Then you've got the bottom-feeders:

 

Palmer

Smith (who I think could end up good)

Glennon (same as Smith)

Henne

Manuel (again, I think he'll be solid eventually)

Freeman/Cassell/Ponder

Weeden

Pryor (another I've been impressed with this season)

 

Very good list, and I agree Dalton would be close to the very bottom of that group you have him in. Basically just looking at the QB's in the 2nd group, if you asked those teams if they would think it was an equal trade if they gave up their guy for Dalton they wouldn't take it. While on the other hand the Bengals probably would consider it an upgrade if they were able to trade Dalton for one of them when it comes to guys like Kaepernick, Tannehill, Newton, RG3, Flacco.

 

I do really like this list though, because it does put things kind of in perspective. There are about 11 other teams to where Dalton would probably be of equal or better value to have. So very nice job UKMustang.

Palmer is having his worst year ever. He's atrocious, washed up, a hack. He can't complete anything downfield this year. If they had a better option, and Dalton is that, he'd have already been benched.

 

No doubt he is having a bad year, interceptions is a huge problem once again. Completion percentage is not a surpise though because as I said that is something that won't be that great under Bruce. Even Andrew Luck had a horrible completion percentage. However if they had Dalton and Palmer on that team, Palmer probably would still start. Dalton does not fit at all with the philsophy of down field passing that Arians has.

 

Palmer's numbers are no doubt terrible though.

I am not completely against Dalton. I still stand by what I said that year 3 is the year that we really can make a judgement on Dalton. I just know we have the pieces on the team now to do something special, but it will come down to him. Which if he can play consistently good like he did in the last game, they will have a chance. I just want to see him get the consistent part down, because he has had good games in the past and then follow up with a few average to bad ones. If he can get the consisten part down, then he definitely can be the guy who can take them far.

One thing that concerns me with Dalton as I'm not really seeing the progress I would have expected to see after 40? NFL starts. He seems to still be making plays I would expect from a rookie.

He is very similar to Alex Smith. Smith just has more experience in learning how to stay out of the way...

 

I see what you're getting at, but I don't think Smith is really a fair comparison. Alex Smith is 6'4, 217. Andy Dalton is 6'2, 220, and doesn't have Smith's mobility. Those 2 inches and the added mobility are a pretty big deal for being an NFL QB.

Other than AJ Green and the DL how many Bengals would start for a majority of NFL teams?

  • Author
Other than AJ Green and the DL how many Bengals would start for a majority of NFL teams?

 

Burflict, Whitworth, A Smith, Huber, Hall and Gresham

 

All of these I believe are Top 10 at their positions so they'd start for a majority

Other than AJ Green and the DL how many Bengals would start for a majority of NFL teams?

 

Andre Smith, Andre Whitworth, Giovanni Bernard (probably gets a lot of clock in a role as a third-down back), Ray Maualuga, Leon Hall, maybe Reggie Nelson.

Burflict, Whitworth, A Smith, Huber, Hall and Gresham

 

All of these I believe are Top 10 at their positions so they'd start for a majority

 

Gresham is terrible.

Andre Smith, Andre Whitworth, Giovanni Bernard (probably gets a lot of clock in a role as a third-down back), Ray Maualuga, Leon Hall, maybe Reggie Nelson.

 

Ray wouldn't start on most SEC teams, let alone NFL teams, and I say that fully acknowledging that he's improved tremendously from last season. :lol2:

Other than AJ Green and the DL how many Bengals would start for a majority of NFL teams?

 

Burfict, Leon Hall, Reggin Nelson, Newman maybe he always has played his best under Zimmer though (without Zimmer he struggled), Whitworth, Andre Smith, Zeitler, Kyle Cook would have a chance because of his smarts, Gresham, Eifert, Anthony Collins, and Bernard would either start or get a lot of clock, and Huber. They also have two backup Corners who if they could ever stay healthy which is a big if in Dre and Ghee that have the ability to start.

 

What is the point of your question really? You can take the majority of NFL teams, and not find to many players who would start for majority of other NFL teams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.