Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

BG was undefeated last year, and we had a loss.....BG was the better team?

No and that is where knowing the difference in the teams each and every year come into play. This years BG team is special. Yes they may win their 3rd straight title this year but this team is different from last years team etc.

You can lose a game or two but its the team itself that you know the difference. For instance T will most likely win the state championship again this year but I don't think even you will say they are better than last years T team.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Highlands beating Trinity 1 time 17 years ago makes Highlands a Big Boy school?

You say You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line. How much do you really believe that? The reason I ask is when someone does critique the team people like you seem to hold that against them and put on your defensive side.

HHS has won wk in and wk out against the oopponents they played but that doesn't mean the opponents they play are among the best. The entire UC game itself the way you all boasted about it was pretty much a joke. UC is ranked #71 in the state of Florida this year yet you all make it sound like you beat a national power. When the facts are brought up you then fall back to they were state 2A champions last year....so what? We beat KY's 2A champion a couple weeks ago, doesn't mean Cooper is a Big Dog.

I just think if you are going to have a Big dog category, then please make the criteria the same for every team.

Don't get me wrong Sweeperboy. I think Highlands, as I've already said many times, is one of the best football programs in the state. More often than not they could compete with just about any team in the state year in and year out. I wish them the best this year and always root for them in the title game year in and year out. I just think every once in awhile when a special team comes along (this year being BG) it would be nice for the big programs with all the success in their corner could actually acknowledge that maybe, just maybe that particular year that someone else may have the team that year that is actually better and give them the recognition they deserve. Because when it's all said and done, on the years that the H's and T's of the world have great years, those schools you want to deny this year are always giving you all kudo's.

It would be nice to have the favor returned to those schools I would think. It's called respect, and when you receive it year in and year out, it would be nice to also see you giving other programs the same respect when they deserve it.

Excellent post.

HB, reread the above very carefully and this applies to your argument about any and all teams from NKY and most if not all of the State...

This is not a knock on any other program in KY, it is just the facts, plain and simple.

I think it was 1996 Highlands beat T and then T returned the favor a few yrs later

Highlands beat Trinity in 2000, I know that one. How does a Boyle County Rebel know that one and a Bird man doesn't? :lol2:

It was 42-29. HHS would win AAA with a great team that season and Trinity would lose to Male in the AAAA Final.

Highlands beat Trinity in 2000, I know that one. How does a Boyle County Rebel know that one and a Bird man doesn't? :lol2:

It was 42-29. HHS would win AAA with a great team that season and Trinity would lose to Male in the AAAA Final.

We only remember our big wins. After several hundred they all run together. :cool:

I just would like to know what defines below avg football? Are should saying the kids aren't good or are you saying the coaching isn't good? What are you going by since you apparently know but aren't willing to list the states that are better and should have a list of at least 25 states that are better for us to be below.

I've lived in several states and have watched HS football in all of them. Didn't notice much difference between the majority of schools compared to ky

list from ESPN: ESPN.com has teed up the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Now the football is in your hands. Pull on your gameday jersey, tape up those writing fingers and hit back with your opinion. We'll print the best fan signal callers on our pages.

States' overall football rank

1. Texas | Conversation

2. California | Conversation

3. Florida | Conversation

4. Pennsylvania | Conversation

5. Ohio | Conversation

6. Georgia | Conversation

7. Michigan | Conversation

8. Louisiana | Conversation

9. New Jersey | Conversation

10. Wisconsin | Conversation

11. Illinois | Conversation

12. Alabama | Conversation

13. Virginia | Conversation

14. North Carolina | Conversation

15. Missouri | Conversation

16. New York | Conversation

17. Maryland | Conversation

18. Tennessee | Conversation

19. Oklahoma | Conversation

20. Indiana | Conversation

21. Nebraska | Conversation

22. Colorado | Conversation

23. Washington | Conversation

24. Minnesota | Conversation

25. Mississippi | Conversation

26. Iowa | Conversation

27. Massachusetts | Conversation

28. Arizona | Conversation

29. Arkansas | Conversation

30. District of Columbia | Conversation

31. West Virginia | Conversation

32. South Carolina | Conversation

33. Oregon | Conversation

34. Nevada | Conversation

35.Hawaii | Conversation

36. Kentucky | Conversation

37. Utah | Conversation

38. Kansas | Conversation

39. Connecticut | Conversation

40. Idaho | Conversation

41. New Mexico | Conversation

42. New Hampshire | Conversation

43. Rhode Island | Conversation

44. Wyoming | Conversation

45. Delaware | Conversation

46. North Dakota | Conversation

47. South Dakota | Conversation

48. Maine | Conversation

49. Montana | Conversation

50. Vermont | Conversation

51. Alaska | Conversation

list from ESPN: ESPN.com has teed up the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Now the football is in your hands. Pull on your gameday jersey, tape up those writing fingers and hit back with your opinion. We'll print the best fan signal callers on our pages.

States' overall football rank

1. Texas | Conversation

2. California | Conversation

3. Florida | Conversation

4. Pennsylvania | Conversation

5. Ohio | Conversation

6. Georgia | Conversation

7. Michigan | Conversation

8. Louisiana | Conversation

9. New Jersey | Conversation

10. Wisconsin | Conversation

11. Illinois | Conversation

12. Alabama | Conversation

13. Virginia | Conversation

14. North Carolina | Conversation

15. Missouri | Conversation

16. New York | Conversation

17. Maryland | Conversation

18. Tennessee | Conversation

19. Oklahoma | Conversation

20. Indiana | Conversation

21. Nebraska | Conversation

22. Colorado | Conversation

23. Washington | Conversation

24. Minnesota | Conversation

25. Mississippi | Conversation

26. Iowa | Conversation

27. Massachusetts | Conversation

28. Arizona | Conversation

29. Arkansas | Conversation

30. District of Columbia | Conversation

31. West Virginia | Conversation

32. South Carolina | Conversation

33. Oregon | Conversation

34. Nevada | Conversation

35.Hawaii | Conversation

36. Kentucky | Conversation

37. Utah | Conversation

38. Kansas | Conversation

39. Connecticut | Conversation

40. Idaho | Conversation

41. New Mexico | Conversation

42. New Hampshire | Conversation

43. Rhode Island | Conversation

44. Wyoming | Conversation

45. Delaware | Conversation

46. North Dakota | Conversation

47. South Dakota | Conversation

48. Maine | Conversation

49. Montana | Conversation

50. Vermont | Conversation

51. Alaska | Conversation

How old Is this list might I ask? One would think Georgia would be 4-5 and Pennsylvania 6. But for ky to be in the bottom half, I think they hold their own vs regional opponents extremely well.

The #5 State sure rings a bell for some...Just sayin

FWIW, one of you number wiz geeks do me a favor and go thru these 22 pages and take out every single post that has the name Highlands, HHS, Birds, Dale or any other name associated with Highlands and it's associated posters and you are probably looking at an 5 page thread so to say Highlands is being left out is hilarious. Just sayin...:thumb:

If anything most on here are worried about the Birds then the other way around:lol2:

The #5 State sure rings a bell for some...Just sayin

FWIW, one of you number wiz geeks do me a favor and go thru these 22 pages and take out every single post that has the name Highlands, HHS, Birds, Dale or any other name associated with Highlands and it's associated posters and you are probably looking at an 5 page thread so to say Highlands is being left out is hilarious. Just sayin...:thumb:

If anything most on here are worried about the Birds then the other way around:lol2:

The highlands posters, you being prime suspect, always include themselves in forums they weren't even though of.

The highlands posters, you being prime suspect, always include themselves in forums they weren't even though of.

C'mon Avid, Iam one poster on here with 3400 total posts for crying out loud...

I hear what you are sayin though

Edited by Sweeperboy
SP

Right between Hawaii and Utah. YIKES!!

I really thought we would have been higher, but I guess one program isn't enough to carry an entire state.

I wonder if the smaller school populations hurt Kentucky in this type of ranking. Without a doubt there is good talent here. But with the smaller average size schools the teams are not as strong as other states where they have larger schools with larger populations due to less counties per capita and larger schools in the metros. In Kentucky we top out at around 2,000 but other states have schools with 3,000 or even 4,000+ in them. Theoretically schools of this size should field teams on par with you-know-who with ease (assuming population makes a difference - not to open that oft discussed topic).