Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

Featured Replies

Actually, wouldn't most of KY teams be avg to above and then there are 3-4 teams that are just outstanding teams? I really don't think 95% of the teams in KY are below average. Where is your baseline to determine what is below average?

 

It's simple just ask the College Coaches/recruiters & they will certainly tell you that Kentucky H.s. football is consider below average with exception of a few teams.

  • Replies 439
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's simple just ask the College Coaches/recruiters & they will certainly tell you that Kentucky H.s. football is consider below average with exception of a few teams.

 

Who are those few teams.

Calm down AvidTiger, You know ST X is of the exceptions!

 

I was wondering if you were including bg.

It's simple just ask the College Coaches/recruiters & they will certainly tell you that Kentucky H.s. football is consider below average with exception of a few teams.

Well seeing that most college coaches don't come and watch games on Friday nights but instead rely heavily on camps etc to find players I find that hard to believe. Still waiting for Urban Meyer to show up in Union for a game.

Well seeing that most college coaches don't come and watch games on Friday nights but instead rely heavily on camps etc to find players I find that hard to believe. Still waiting for Urban Meyer to show up in Union for a game.

 

Coaches DO NOT rely heavily on camps. Camps are only a small indicator of what kid is a D1 players. The biggest tool Colleges rely on is Game Film & competition level

Well seeing that most college coaches don't come and watch games on Friday nights but instead rely heavily on camps etc to find players I find that hard to believe. Still waiting for Urban Meyer to show up in Union for a game.

 

There were 3college coaches in attendance at bg-X.

Coaches DO NOT rely heavily on camps. Camps are only a small indicator of what kid is a D1 players. The biggest tool Colleges rely on is Game Film & competition level

 

I would love to hear all the states that are considered avg since there are 50 states.

I would love to hear all the states that are considered avg since there are 50 states.

 

C'mon now, I hope you don't really think Kentucky H.S. Football is on par with most other states. again, Ky H.S. football is considered a bottom tier state. If you don't believe, you should do a little research!!!!

C'mon now, I hope you don't really think Kentucky H.S. Football is on par with most other states. again, Ky H.S. football is considered a bottom tier state. If you don't believe, you should do a little research!!!!

 

I just would like to know what defines below avg football? Are should saying the kids aren't good or are you saying the coaching isn't good? What are you going by since you apparently know but aren't willing to list the states that are better and should have a list of at least 25 states that are better for us to be below.

 

I've lived in several states and have watched HS football in all of them. Didn't notice much difference between the majority of schools compared to ky

So Highlands beating Trinity 1 time 17 years ago makes Highlands a Big Boy school?

 

You say You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line. How much do you really believe that? The reason I ask is when someone does critique the team people like you seem to hold that against them and put on your defensive side.

 

HHS has won wk in and wk out against the oopponents they played but that doesn't mean the opponents they play are among the best. The entire UC game itself the way you all boasted about it was pretty much a joke. UC is ranked #71 in the state of Florida this year yet you all make it sound like you beat a national power. When the facts are brought up you then fall back to they were state 2A champions last year....so what? We beat KY's 2A champion a couple weeks ago, doesn't mean Cooper is a Big Dog.

 

I just think if you are going to have a Big dog category, then please make the criteria the same for every team.

 

Don't get me wrong Sweeperboy. I think Highlands, as I've already said many times, is one of the best football programs in the state. More often than not they could compete with just about any team in the state year in and year out. I wish them the best this year and always root for them in the title game year in and year out. I just think every once in awhile when a special team comes along (this year being BG) it would be nice for the big programs with all the success in their corner could actually acknowledge that maybe, just maybe that particular year that someone else may have the team that year that is actually better and give them the recognition they deserve. Because when it's all said and done, on the years that the H's and T's of the world have great years, those schools you want to deny this year are always giving you all kudo's.

 

It would be nice to have the favor returned to those schools I would think. It's called respect, and when you receive it year in and year out, it would be nice to also see you giving other programs the same respect when they deserve it.

 

Holy cow, did hell freeze over, I agree with hell bird for once, well said.

So Highlands beating Trinity 1 time 17 years ago makes Highlands a Big Boy school?

 

You say You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line. How much do you really believe that? The reason I ask is when someone does critique the team people like you seem to hold that against them and put on your defensive side.

 

HHS has won wk in and wk out against the oopponents they played but that doesn't mean the opponents they play are among the best. The entire UC game itself the way you all boasted about it was pretty much a joke. UC is ranked #71 in the state of Florida this year yet you all make it sound like you beat a national power. When the facts are brought up you then fall back to they were state 2A champions last year....so what? We beat KY's 2A champion a couple weeks ago, doesn't mean Cooper is a Big Dog.

 

I just think if you are going to have a Big dog category, then please make the criteria the same for every team.

 

Don't get me wrong Sweeperboy. I think Highlands, as I've already said many times, is one of the best football programs in the state. More often than not they could compete with just about any team in the state year in and year out. I wish them the best this year and always root for them in the title game year in and year out. I just think every once in awhile when a special team comes along (this year being BG) it would be nice for the big programs with all the success in their corner could actually acknowledge that maybe, just maybe that particular year that someone else may have the team that year that is actually better and give them the recognition they deserve. Because when it's all said and done, on the years that the H's and T's of the world have great years, those schools you want to deny this year are always giving you all kudo's.

 

It would be nice to have the favor returned to those schools I would think. It's called respect, and when you receive it year in and year out, it would be nice to also see you giving other programs the same respect when they deserve it.

 

 

Well said Hellbird!!!!!

Guess what? BG is undefeated and T has 2 losses, quit trying to qualify your bias by making comments you can never prove to be correct.

 

BG was undefeated last year, and we had a loss.....BG was the better team?

BG was undefeated last year, and we had a loss.....BG was the better team?

 

My first reaction is to say no. That Trinity team last year and the year before were those rare special years for Trinity and that says a lot. We'll never know but I don't think last year's BG team was better than last year's Trinity team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.