Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

You got to beat T, you got to beat GCL Elder and St X, you even have to get beat by those same teams and others and keep coming back for more, the big difference between Highlands and teams that want to be a Big Dog is they only want to do it when they have a "special" group of Srs or something.

Different level of football my friend and Highlands has done all these along with winning wk in and wk out and you know the rest of the story...

All the State Titles should and will get you respect but it certainly doesnt make you a Big Dog...Sorry

When was the last time HHS beat Trinity?

I like how you put in a qulaifier of "you even have to get beat by those same teams and others and keep coming back for more" so for your school losing to those teams gives you a free pass yet other schools aren't allowed to lose.

Your definition of Big boy means that every single team in Trinity's district should be considered a Big Boy because they play Trinity every year.

BG has beaten St X something like 2 or 3 years in a row, doesn't that make them a Big Boy?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My definition of a Big Dog is a Program that does it consistently wk in wk out and yr in and yr out.

This is H & T,

X is a Big Dog, he has just been in the dog pound for a few yrs.

With a little good behavior he will be back playing in no time...

And FWIW, there have been others that have shown signs of being Big Dogs, but only from time to time. Their bark is just bigger than their bite and they quiet down and we don't hear anything from them for 5-10 yr periods or more.

You got to beat T, you got to beat GCL Elder and St X, you even have to get beat by those same teams and others and keep coming back for more, the big difference between Highlands and teams that want to be a Big Dog is they only want to do it when they have a "special" group of Srs or something.

You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line.

Dale does this and so does Highlands, been doing it this way for a whole bunch of yrs consistently.

Different level of football my friend and Highlands has done all these along with winning wk in and wk out and you know the rest of the story...

All the State Titles should and will get you respect but it certainly doesnt make you a Big Dog...Sorry

In another thread you said X was no longer a big dog and sc may have replaced them as being a big dog. X has beaten T, Cincy X and not only played those squads with "special groups". Highlands plays one opponent of merit a season, I don't see how that's anything to brag about. Instead of playing T and proving their big dog status they scrimmage them so their feelings won't be hurt and they can use excuses when they lose.

In another thread you said X was no longer a big dog and sc may have replaced them as being a big dog. X has beaten T, Cincy X and not only played those squads with "special groups". Highlands plays one opponent of merit a season, I don't see how that's anything to brag about. Instead of playing T and proving their big dog status they scrimmage them so their feelings won't be hurt and they can use excuses when they lose.

Thank you. Sweeperboy although a fan of a great program and team tends to make the criteria different depending on the question at hand to better fit his argument.

How many times has Highlands beat Trinity and when? That is a legit question I would think but one he hasn't answered yet. I deffinatley wouldn't put HHS in the Big Dog category. I would put them in one of the best programs in the state. Very good program and something to be proud of, but his comment about State titles are nice but doesn't define a Big Dog is just silly to say. the only reason he has said that is because I brought up a couple programs with a lot of State Titles in Beechwood etc. yet he doesn't want another NKY team tobe in the same conversation with Highlands which is a shame.

My post #393 was for HB.

For Avid, just keep working harder every wk.

FWIW, SC is going to be the sleeper this yr, JMO

My lord son, you just dont get it and I dont expect you too...

I think it's the other way around, I fully understand my team is not the best in the state at this point. Something you can't seem to grasp. Well you obviously understand that sentiment, after watching your beloved bluebirds get ran off the field for the third straight year by T. Honestly I think you're jealous of T, the fact that they do everything you believe your program does in the big class and vs numerous oos opponents. Thus the reason you piggyback off T so much.

You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line.

Dale does this and so does Highlands, been doing it this way for a whole bunch of yrs consistently.

HB, reread the above very carefully and this applies to your argument about any and all teams from NKY and most if not all of the State...

This is not a knock on any other program in KY, it is just the facts, plain and simple.

I think it was 1996 Highlands beat T and then T returned the favor a few yrs later

My post #393 was for HB.

For Avid, just keep working harder every wk.

FWIW, SC is going to be the sleeper this yr, JMO

Again, what don't I get?

I asked a couple serious questions yet you refuse to answer them. Why?

I think Avid hit the nail on the head, I think you want to piggy back off of Trinity. Now this year there is another team that is threatening Highlands place as the #2 team in the state and it really bothers you so now you have to come up with new criteria to proclaim you are still among the top in the state.

BG has beaten a team many before the season started had as one of the top teams in the state. BG has done everything they needed to do so far this early in the season, yet they are stealing your thunder so you seem to want to discard them and draw the attention back to your school.

HB, reread the above very carefully and this applies to your argument about any and all teams from NKY and most if not all of the State...

This is not a knock on any other program in KY, it is just the facts, plain and simple.

I think it was 1996 Highlands beat T and then T returned the favor a few yrs later

So Highlands beating Trinity 1 time 17 years ago makes Highlands a Big Boy school?

You say You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line. How much do you really believe that? The reason I ask is when someone does critique the team people like you seem to hold that against them and put on your defensive side.

HHS has won wk in and wk out against the oopponents they played but that doesn't mean the opponents they play are among the best. The entire UC game itself the way you all boasted about it was pretty much a joke. UC is ranked #71 in the state of Florida this year yet you all make it sound like you beat a national power. When the facts are brought up you then fall back to they were state 2A champions last year....so what? We beat KY's 2A champion a couple weeks ago, doesn't mean Cooper is a Big Dog.

I just think if you are going to have a Big dog category, then please make the criteria the same for every team.

Don't get me wrong Sweeperboy. I think Highlands, as I've already said many times, is one of the best football programs in the state. More often than not they could compete with just about any team in the state year in and year out. I wish them the best this year and always root for them in the title game year in and year out. I just think every once in awhile when a special team comes along (this year being BG) it would be nice for the big programs with all the success in their corner could actually acknowledge that maybe, just maybe that particular year that someone else may have the team that year that is actually better and give them the recognition they deserve. Because when it's all said and done, on the years that the H's and T's of the world have great years, those schools you want to deny this year are always giving you all kudo's.

It would be nice to have the favor returned to those schools I would think. It's called respect, and when you receive it year in and year out, it would be nice to also see you giving other programs the same respect when they deserve it.

So Highlands beating Trinity 1 time 17 years ago makes Highlands a Big Boy school?

You say You have to be willing to put your program and reputation on a National stage for all to critique and put everything on the line. How much do you really believe that? The reason I ask is when someone does critique the team people like you seem to hold that against them and put on your defensive side.

HHS has won wk in and wk out against the oopponents they played but that doesn't mean the opponents they play are among the best. The entire UC game itself the way you all boasted about it was pretty much a joke. UC is ranked #71 in the state of Florida this year yet you all make it sound like you beat a national power. When the facts are brought up you then fall back to they were state 2A champions last year....so what? We beat KY's 2A champion a couple weeks ago, doesn't mean Cooper is a Big Dog.

I just think if you are going to have a Big dog category, then please make the criteria the same for every team.[/QUOT

LOL. NO KIDDING!! I agree with you...this thread has 21 pages.....due to the fact someone left Highlands out of the best team in the state discussion!!! Bowling Green is up there for sure.

If BG loses I don't care if it is to Blackman, McCallie or in the playoffs. I'll shut up. Until then there is no hard proof that Trinity or Highlands is better than BG other than....we are T and we are H and we're better than you because we have been better than you since 1 A.D.

I don't buy that crap. Try again.

#purplekoolaid

Huh? Try what again? :idunno:

I think the burden of hard proof is on BG. :cool: