Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches are Racist

cammando

This is a very scary thing.

"Upon receiving this revelation from PEG, educators are encouraged to create culturally sensitive lesson plans that make use of “group homework preparation,” “cooperative projects,” and “choral reading.”"

So it sounds like to me they are teaching laziness and encouraging students to depend on others to take care of them.....sounds familiar doesn't it? Did Obama go to school in Portland?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like this principal just look for anything to become a race issue.

What is funny is that if for some reason the school didn't allow PB&J then this guy would find a way of saying that the school not offering PB&J is racist.

When I read the article the bigger issue I got was the question of different cultures and how education handles those differences. In NKY it's no big deal. We're fairly homogenous ie white. Portland, OR is a lot different with many cultures represented in the city schools.

So is it out of line to ask if schools can adapt?

As a friend of my says, "I left Cuba and came to America to be an American, not a Cuban."

What could be more representative of inclusion and diversity than the caramel brown of peanut butter pressed against the deep, dark hue of grape jelly while nestled against two pieces of white bread?

I'd be more inclined to believe you if the peanut butter and/or jelly got to be on the outside just once instead of underneath the oppressive coverage of the white bread. But we put it outside the bread ONE time and the people went nuts, claiming it was the worst sandwich ever and wanting to throw it away before they even finished it.

I'd be more inclined to believe you if the peanut butter and/or jelly got to be on the outside just once instead of underneath the oppressive coverage of the white bread. But we put it outside the bread ONE time and the people went nuts, claiming it was the worst sandwich ever and wanting to throw it away before they even finished it.

For centuries people have misunderstood the peanut butter and jelly sandwich's bread as somehow being smothering and paternalistic. On the contrary, it's embracing. All the different ingredients are getting together and getting close... like lovers on a cold night. The sandwich represents people of all colors and ethnicities getting together... and makin' babies. If we just follow the teachings of peanut butter and jelly... we'll all be a little white, a little brown, a little everything... someday.

**"I Have A Dream" it ain't but I think I'm onto something here with my vision for a PB&J society.**

It's because you must separate the white bread. Doing so with peanut butter and jelly in between the 2 slices of white bread keeps white bread from conglomerating in today's society. 2 pices of white bread together will eventually form a loaf as others join in, and we all know what happens if you have a loaf of white bread loose on society, it will definitely put us all in a jam.

Guest Birdflu

Anybody that analyzes sandwiches needs to get a life. Having said that, if I eat Nutella on wheat bread, what does that make me? Also, I like peanut butter, but not jelly.