Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches are Racist

cammando

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

According to the Tribune, Portland educators are subjected to “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” all based on Singleton’s premise that only by becoming aware of the pervasive “white privilege” can teachers change their classroom practices to reach minority students.

So how’s this new approach working for Gutierrez’s school?

The Tribune reports that “Oregon’s Department of Education just last month identified Harvey Scott School (where Gutierrez is principal) as a ‘focus school,’ which means it’s among the state’s lowest performing 15 percent.”

Perhaps if the staff spent more time on academic fundamentals, instead of obsessing about non-existent racial issues, the students would learn more.

We wonder how taxpayers will react when they discover Portland officials are wasting precious time and money to promote an ideology that may soon classify peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a “hate food.”

What could be more representative of inclusion and diversity than the caramel brown of peanut butter pressed against the deep, dark hue of grape jelly while nestled against two pieces of white bread? Sounds to me like a sandwich this country and its people can be proud of. Diversity for dinner, America.

WOW did you see this quote???

In addition to teaching that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist, PEG trains educators to view “rugged individualism,” “adherence to rigid time schedules,” and the belief that “hard work is the key to success” as traits of the dominant white culture.

I have no doubt that Jefferson County Public Schools will soon be signing up for this tripe.

"Adherence to rigid time schedules..." :lol2:

I'm having to laugh this off because that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

We've often heard jokes about "CP time." I guess that is what is being referred to here.

I didn't create it, so feel free to unlike. :thumb:

I liked this post because of your honesty. You were awarded a rare like by Clyde, and even though you've always longed for a like from Clyde, you still told the truth knowing Clyde could rescind his Like. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: