Highlands new scoreboard/video board

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the cannon in place of the touchdown video. PLEASE!!. When that techno music freeze-frames at the end with the still shot of Coach Mueller.....think Flounder coming up on the screen during the Animal House blackball session. :scared:

All kidding aside, Highlands does everything first class. I always enjoy going over to Ft. Thomas (at least until the game starts).

I am certainly jealous. The Bluebirds are at the top of the list in Kentucky football and deserve everything they get. The only drawback I see is that referees don't like replays. Nothing worse than an embarrassed ref.

The current video board only shows the play live. There is no replay anymore.

Although, I do not necessarily care for the generic bird on Option 2, I think that option 2 gets my vote because of the size of the video screen (11’1” high x 19’6“ wide in option 2 vs 9’11” high x 17’1“ wide in option 1). Also, it gives a larger area for the sponsor panels on the bottom. BTW, my wife, also a Highlands grad likes the bird idea over the H, just use the football bird, after all it is the FOOTBALL scoreboard to most people.

I am sure that the years of the championships will be shown somewhere in an appropriate manner. After all, it is Highlands tradition that we are talking about there.

If you look at the cost figures from the board meeting, you will notice that the cost is $123,206 for the scoreboard, plus $3,115 for shipping, making the Total Price Excluding Sales Tax: $126,411.

Edited by Bluebird Cardinal
Where is that add come from and how can I eliminate it?

I like what I see so far. Great to see that Football is finally getting some much needed improvements at Highlands.

The scoreboard is a great start and I am all for the new design with just a couple of modifications.

I would like to see BIRDS instead of BLUEBIRDS, it would also be nice to see the "Boonie Bird" in lieu of the "Feathered Fellow" and lastly the State Championship yrs are a top priority somewhere on that board. JMO:thumb:

Now...if we can only get the decision makers to listen to us on this one. LOL

and lastly the State Championship yrs are a top priority somewhere on that board.

But if we start putting state championship years up there, we're going to need a much bigger board than either of these options -- maybe even two boards! cool_shades.gif

Some exciting news yesterday. The BOE approved the scoreboard this past Monday and the funding was finalized yesterday through the Ft Thomas Education Foundation. Yesterday was the deadline they had to reach to be able to meet an 8 week production period to have this baby by the 1st game. The design stages are in the final days but it sounds like we will have a new state of the are scoreboard to compliment the brand new press box being Air-lifted in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait for the season to start......

When will they be air-lifting in the press box? That should be quite a sight!

Btw, you might want to make a careful check of the old press box before they fly it away. You might find TOG in there, still working on stats from last year's game. :cool:

When will they be air-lifting in the press box? That should be quite a sight!

Btw, you might want to make a careful check of the old press box before they fly it away. You might find TOG in there, still working on stats from last year's game. :cool:

I now take that back. Air lift was what I heard about a month ago. Now I'm told that they not sure how they are going to get it in place. We shall see.....

It has now become very obvious the reasons behind the new choice of "THE KID" as Highlands new football announcer.

Apparently, this new scoreboard requires a masters degree in electrical engineering and computer study (or at least someone who is working towards this field and has already completed several AP courses at Highlands) to operate along with somebody with the ability to coordinate video and sound.

Plus, I do believe the instructions to turn it on are in Chineese as well...

Highlands HS students to the rescue....Just sayin

I was up there this morning and they have a crew working on the stands. Looks like they are replacing some of the seating and tighting things up. Highlands needs for a Flordia team to come up every year! (granted they did paint the stands last year, just saying)

I was up there this morning and they have a crew working on the stands. Looks like they are replacing some of the seating and tighting things up. Highlands needs for a Flordia team to come up every year! (granted they did paint the stands last year, just saying)

Funny you say that, I do believe they are getting ready to re-paint the stands again because the surplus "Elder Purple" someone bought last yr at a discount price really doesnt match Highlands Blue.

I know the Superintendent wants just one Blue Color in there along with a new pressbox and scoreboard all in time for the Big Game.

FWIW, maybe just maybe, they will get rid of the telephone pole that has been sitting at the top of Death Valley for the last 5 yrs. LOL