Highlands new scoreboard/video board

[/b]

Funny you say that, I do believe they are getting ready to re-paint the stands again because the surplus "Elder Purple" someone bought last yr at a discount price really doesnt match Highlands Blue.

I know the Superintendent wants just one Blue Color in there along with a new pressbox and scoreboard all in time for the Big Game.

FWIW, maybe just maybe, they will get rid of the telephone pole that has been sitting at the top of Death Valley for the last 5 yrs. LOL

That's for the lights they are putting up for the softball team in death valley...oh wait, we're getting a new field!!!! Forget it! That one and the others in the valley would make for a great bon fire pep rally for the Cov Cath game!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands is getting a new scoreboard. They are choosing from the two options below. Any schools have anything like this?? Embedded video replay within scoreboard.

Here's to hoping they out it on the school.

Honest question...does the KHSAA have any rules about video replay? Seems like replaying the wrong thing at a high school football game could really get some folks hot under the collar...and give the refs an even harder way to go.

Honest question...does the KHSAA have any rules about video replay? Seems like replaying the wrong thing at a high school football game could really get some folks hot under the collar...and give the refs an even harder way to go.

Like I said before, Highlands only shows the game live on their existing screen. I think they used to show replays in the past but have since gone away with it.

What happens with the new one I'm not sure sure since I heard there will be up to 5 cameras. I'm sure someone will be there editing and use proper judgement on which plays get replayed, if any do.

Like I said before, Highlands only shows the game live on their existing screen. I think they used to show replays in the past but have since gone away with it.

What happens with the new one I'm not sure sure since I heard there will be up to 5 cameras. I'm sure someone will be there editing and use proper judgement on which plays get replayed, if any do.

Sorry about that...I missed the earlier posts about the video/replay.

Proper judgement would certainly be appreciated by the officials. All the same, not to allege that Highlands in particular would ever do anything wrong, but I think it would be in the KHSAA's best interest to impose some rules about what can and can't be played on the screen if a school has a video/replay capable scoreboard or screen.

Proper judgement would certainly be appreciated by the officials. All the same, not to allege that Highlands in particular would ever do anything wrong, but I think it would be in the KHSAA's best interest to impose some rules about what can and can't be played on the screen if a school has a video/replay capable scoreboard or screen.

Have they had to deal with this yet? Wonder if there are any rules on the books addressing it?

Now there is a common playoff opponent of HHS and CovCath that sorta plays by their own rules from time to time when they host games that one might have to worry about. LOL

I remember the Highlands Elder game, the first in PBS, they agreed to not show replay of big hits or close calls. Of course they showed the big hit on Brent Grover and the obvious fumble that very likely would have changed the outcome of the game. I think replay is fine because it makes the refs take responsibility for their actions.

I remember the Highlands Elder game, the first in PBS, they agreed to not show replay of big hits or close calls. Of course they showed the big hit on Brent Grover and the obvious fumble that very likely would have changed the outcome of the game. I think replay is fine because it makes the refs take responsibility for their actions.
Was that Highlands-Elder game at PBS in 2000 the very first official football game ever played at PBS?

I think the Guru had a couple of nice snapshots of that play you are talking about. A TD is a TD and of course it changes the outcome of that game. It was a big momentum changer that didn't go HHS's way that's for sure. For what it's worth, the Elder player wasn't close to be down. Fumble and TD without a question!!!

I think the Guru had a couple of nice snapshots of that play you are talking about. A TD is a TD and of course it changes the outcome of that game. It was a big momentum changer that didn't go HHS's way that's for sure. For what it's worth, the Elder player wasn't close to being down. Fumble and TD without a question!!!

Edit