Cauley-Stein will return, Goodwin to test NBA waters

StickerMann

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Archie Goodwin two weeks ago: “I don’t think it’s a question on whether I’m going (to the NBA) or not. I don’t think I’m ready to go. … If any of us were saying we think we should leave, then we’d all be delusional.”

Yes he is delusional, welcome to the D League. Archie is Azabuki all over again. So where is Azabuke, at home where Archie will be.

From what I remember his family was beyond poor. If you have enough people in your ear and your family desperately needs the money, its hard not to. He spent a decent amount of time in the league, didn't he? Not sure how much he made.

Thrilled to have WCS back. I had been saying that I thought he'd leave but I'm glad he's coming back and I hope that he can develop into an even stronger player. The kid definitely has a ton of upside.

He was in the league til October when he was cut by the Cav's. So yes he was around a good while.

According to one site that I found KA has made 10M+ in his career. Guess he's probably not too upset about that.

According to one site that I found KA has made 10M+ in his career. Guess he's probably not too upset about that.

I know I'd be more than ok with that. Even if Goodwin doesn't last 10 years in the league there's still hundreds of thousands, even millions to be made over seas. I'd love to see him come back, but if he chooses not to I can't blame him. Thanks for your time at UK and good luck.

From what I remember his family was beyond poor. If you have enough people in your ear and your family desperately needs the money, its hard not to. He spent a decent amount of time in the league, didn't he? Not sure how much he made.

Thrilled to have WCS back. I had been saying that I thought he'd leave but I'm glad he's coming back and I hope that he can develop into an even stronger player. The kid definitely has a ton of upside.

Bookie's mother was a doctor. Not sure if beyond poor is the word I would use to describe his situation.

Archie Goodwin two weeks ago: “I don’t think it’s a question on whether I’m going (to the NBA) or not. I don’t think I’m ready to go. … If any of us were saying we think we should leave, then we’d all be delusional.”

Yes he is delusional, welcome to the D League. Archie is Azabuki all over again. So where is Azabuke, at home where Archie will be.

So Kaleena coming back for his senior season would have elevated his draft status and NBA career? 99% of the time the guys good enough to play whether they are drafted high or not find a way on to a team or off a team depending upon their skill set. I think when a guy declares, especially after multiple season at a school, his stock and career path is what it is. Fact is the NBA is not looking for a lot of 6'5" SGs with marginal range and limited athleticism. I do not think it is an apples to apples comparison as you are alluding to. I think Archie projects more as a PG at the next level in the Russell Westbrook mold. He has a shot that many people think can be reworked and great athleticism with a solid motor. I do agree that he needed more time to mature and refine his skill set, but I think with limited exceptions it will hurt his long term growth. People always talk about the kids falling flat on their face that declare early, but we never talk about the fact that 95% of the guys trying to make it to the league stayed four years in college and never sniff the next level.

Azubuike averaged 10.9 points per game in the NBA over 4 seasons. That's a little better than the "D League."

How was your NBA career?

His pops got in trouble with the law and I believe their money was gutted trying to keep him out of jail or something like that.

Don't know if he avoided jail, but he was convicted on multiple counts of fraud (30 or 40) & fined close to $400,000. I think he did some time, if memory serves me right. Basically forced Kelenna's hand if you ask me.

Don't know if he avoided jail, but he was convicted on multiple counts of fraud (30 or 40) & fined close to $400,000. I think he did some time, if memory serves me right. Basically forced Kelenna's hand if you ask me.

I don't think he avoided jail either. I can't remember the whole story but I remember Kelanna's hand being forced as well and that some crazy amount of money was owed because of his father.