Cauley-Stein will return, Goodwin to test NBA waters

StickerMann

Glad Willie's coming back, he really needed to. He will make next year's team that much more dangerous. I don't think Kentucky's going to be hurting for scoring next season, but they will be very thin in the backcourt. That is one of the main reasons I wanted Archie to come back, he could have still been a big contributor on next years squad. Now they basically have the Harrisons, James Young, and Jarrod Polson in the backcourt for next season. That's a lot of talent, but mainly frosh talent. It really helps to have a couple veteran guys in the backcourt, hopefully Polson and Hood will be enough to carry that load from an experience standpoint.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad Willie's coming back, he really needed to. He will make next year's team that much more dangerous. I don't think Kentucky's going to be hurting for scoring next season, but they will be very thin in the backcourt. That is one of the main reasons I wanted Archie to come back, he could have still been a big contributor on next years squad. Now they basically have the Harrisons, James Young, and Jarrod Polson in the backcourt for next season. That's a lot of talent, but mainly frosh talent. It really helps to have a couple veteran guys in the backcourt, hopefully Polson and Hood will be enough to carry that load from an experience standpoint.

Dominique Hawkins will be on the team.

Dominique Hawkins will be on the team.

Again, freshman guard. Would love to see them maybe add a Mays type (graduate transfer) if a scholly is available. A veteran sharpshooter or floor general would be ideal to blend with the youth. I was hoping Archie would be there to provide some experience.

Again, freshman guard. Would love to see them maybe add a Mays type (graduate transfer) if a scholly is available. A veteran sharpshooter or floor general would be ideal to blend with the youth. I was hoping Archie would be there to provide some experience.

They will be fine.

Goodwin will be back if he knows what is good for him. Even if he comes off the bench he'll be better in the long-run.

Love WCS coming back. If he focuses on defense I think he could become a Tyson Chandler type post-player. UK needed him for next year. I think he'll be a top 10 pick next season.

I wonder if this is a sign concerning Andrew Wiggins?

This move, along with Harrow's departure & with Nerlens likely moving on; certainly clarifies the scholarship situation, if there was ever an issue there. More likely (admittedly optimistic), I'll read this as a sign Archie knows or suspects something regarding Wiggins coming to UK, and sees the logjam at the 2-3 spots not being in his favor? Arguably he could come back to work at the point (backup), but he didn't seem to like the position when the coaches tried to mold him earlier this year.

Guessing Poythress is reading the NBA tea leaves, as well as maybe waiting to see what Wiggins does before making a call to return or not?

From a business standpoint I think WCS is messing up, but as UK fan I'm happy he wants to stay!

You think so? I think he'll move into a definite top 10 player for next year. Typically what happens in coming back is weaknesses get exposed, but I think due to the roster he has coming back his strengths will be more evident next season.

He'll be a top backside finisher, like what Cal had at Memphis and will get a ton of dunks off of lobs. He'll become a better defender, perhaps elite going against these guys every day. If he improves at all I think he'll be a lock top 10 pick. Too big and athletic.

From a business standpoint I think WCS is messing up, but as UK fan I'm happy he wants to stay!

I'm not so sure, he's awfully raw and inexperienced basketball-wise. Another year or two of seasoning and learning vs. quality competition might make him that much more valuable on a long term basis? If he keeps improving at the rate he did this year, the sky may be the limit (which could make that 1st round guarantee you're talking about pale by comparison?) The NBA will always find room for an athletic 7 footer!

You think so? I think he'll move into a definite top 10 player for next year. Typically what happens in coming back is weaknesses get exposed, but I think due to the roster he has coming back his strengths will be more evident next season.

He'll be a top backside finisher, like what Cal had at Memphis and will get a ton of dunks off of lobs. He'll become a better defender, perhaps elite going against these guys every day. If he improves at all I think he'll be a lock top 10 pick. Too big and athletic.

I'm not so sure, he's awfully raw and inexperienced basketball-wise. Another year or two of seasoning and learning vs. quality competition might make him that much more valuable on a long term basis? If he keeps improving at the rate he did this year, the sky may be the limit (which could make that 1st round guarantee you're talking about pale by comparison?) The NBA will always find room for an athletic 7 footer!

Yeah he's definitely helping himself by returning. Like you guys have said, he will only improve his stock the more he learns the game. Since he is still learning he was already behind a lot of the guys in terms of development. He showed more growth this season than anyone, so another year is going to put him over the top IMO.