Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrow To Georgia State

Featured Replies

  • Author

I know and have a lot of respect for Georgia St coach Ron Hunter. Plus his son RJ can flat out play and will be a sophomore next year. Should be a very good situation for Harrow...

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrow transferring from Kentucky to Georgia State | www.ajc.com

 

“I really need to be home with him to be closer to him to make sure he’s taken care of,” Harrow said. He said his father is a basketball fan who can’t travel to watch him play. Being in Atlanta would enable Harrow to make sure his father is cared for, and would give his father a few chances to watch his son play.

 

Harrow, 6-2, would provide coach Ron Hunter’s team an immediate starter in the backcourt, either at point guard or shooting guard. He averaged 9.9 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists for the Wildcats this year.

 

Devonta White, Georgia State’s point guard, is entering his senior year. He can also play shooting guard. David Travers, a freshman who played the point last year, announced earlier in March that he is leaving the program.

 

Harrow said he will miss Kentucky and has nothing but positive thoughts about the school and program. He said he just needed to return home to help take care of his father, who lives in College Park.

 

“I got better there,” he said. “I built some relationships there. I know next year we would have been really good. It was just real important for me to be with my dad. With him being sick like this, I needed to be there with him.”

I know and have a lot of respect for Georgia St coach Ron Hunter. Plus his son RJ can flat out play and will be a sophomore next year. Should be a very good situation for Harrow...

 

What other teams play in their conference?

  • Author

 

What other teams play in their conference?

 

They are moving to the Sun Belt with WKU next year...

They are moving to the Sun Belt with WKU next year...

I stand corrected then. Sort of. Can't keep up.

Wish him nothing but the best. You could tell something wasn't right with him this year. He is an emotional guy anyway, but no one is that emotional unless they're dealing with things off the court. In other circumstances I think it could have worked out.

John Calipari

 

Given the health of his dad, we fully support Ryan’s decision to transfer to Georgia State to be closer to his family in Atlanta. Ryan was a vital part of this year’s team and an important player in practice during our 2011-12 national championship run. I want to thank Ryan for his efforts and hard work and wish him the best of luck at Georgia State. I know the Big Blue Nation will keep a close eye on him and wish him well as he continues his basketball career and his pursuit of a college degree.

Good luck to the young man. Great decision on his part, and for all the right reasons.

Poor guy, explains a lot as to why he was struggling so much throughout the year. Has to be really hard being away from his family during all of this. Best of luck to him @ Georgia State.

That sucks. I know it is the nature of the game but you hate to see that.

 

This.

I hate to see him go, but want what is best for him and his family. Thanks for the memories Ryan and best of luck to you and your family.

Doesn't Curtis Washington go to Georgia St now?

 

I believe you are correct. Landed there after SC.

Best of luck to Ryan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.