Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heroin - NKY

Featured Replies

  • Replies 189
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me absolutely disgusted, just found about a cousin recently that had a run in with this drug. So many questions of why anyone, especially kids would subject themsleves to this type of behavior. What is the matter with the youth these days, and when I say youth I mean im in my 20's -- so that paints a picture of my encounter with this. I mean I was afraid to drink a beer until senior year of high school. This is sad, and all I can do is pray for these people, and that law enforcementcan deal with this in the proper manner.

This makes me absolutely disgusted, just found about a cousin recently that had a run in with this drug. So many questions of why anyone, especially kids would subject themsleves to this type of behavior. What is the matter with the youth these days, and when I say youth I mean im in my 20's -- so that paints a picture of my encounter with this. I mean I was afraid to drink a beer until senior year of high school. This is sad, and all I can do is pray for these people, and that law enforcementcan deal with this in the proper manner.

 

Weren't there drug epidemics in the late 70's through present? It's whatever is the cheapest. LSD, Crack, Oxycodine, Heroine

It's bad everywhere. My grandpa says its extremely prevalent in his little town of Kenton, OH up in Hardin Co.

 

Guess I've just always been naive because I never heard about it at Boone County in the early 2000's or at NKU the rest of the decade.

  • Author

So here is my question, What is the schools with this problem responsibility? Is there something they something they can do? Is there something we can do?

So here is my question, What is the schools with this problem responsibility? Is there something they something they can do? Is there something we can do?

 

1) Pray.

2) Inform these kids, and show them how ugly, and detrimental the effects of drug abuse always are.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130325/NEWS1006/303250003

 

Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties together accounted for nearly 60 percent of Kentucky’s heroin prosecutions in 2011, even though the three counties have just 8.4 percent of the state’s population. The counties’ rate of heroin overdose deaths is more than twice that of Hamilton County or metro Louisville.

I pulled this from a Facebook Friend in Law Enforcement:

 

Cincinnati.com is doing a series of articles and interviews called "Heroin: Prescription for Pain." If you are unaware of how serious this drug is in NKY these articles will give you some perspective. It is my professional opinion that the ones addicted now will most likely not kick the habit as the relapse rate is in the range of 75-90% (depending on the study). I have also read a studies that state 97% of heroin addicts never fully kick the habit. With that said, it is imperative that young people and students alike are educated extensively of the dangers in order for these numbers to drop over time.

I have a friend of mine that's had substance abuse issues for several years now and I recently

found out he's been using heroin. It's sad and I've talked to him about it, but he still thinks he's

just partying and having a good time. From what he's told me the people that were using pain pills

have pretty much turned to heroin because of the crack down on pills. Between the government cracking

down on the pills and the heroin being cheaper so many people are using it now. That's what is driving the

number of overdoses people dont realize how powerful this drug is until it's to late.

The drug is everywhere including the more affluent High Schools. My daughter said that one of the girls in her class last year at Highlands would do it before school and literally sleep through all of her classes.

 

The series of articles in the Enquirer are very sad and I know personally the story of Jason Malone and his brother Kyle who is his primary caregiver.

Talked about this with a doctor recently. He said that the much 'higher grade' is making its way to Kentucky and that people who are used to the 'cheap stuff' are using the same amount and dying since an hot batch OD leads to heart failure in seconds after injecting. Told the story of someone who was leaning against a door to a bedroom to ensure no one walked in while they shot up. They were dead before they could take 2 steps and lay on the bed. Bad stuff.

 

Recently the body of a mother of 3 who was 21 was found dumped in the road around Lexington. Heroin OD victim. The poor woman was known to have a drug problem. Her mother is now speaking out trying to make something good of the siituation.

A friend of mine on FB listens to a scanner everyday and just posted he heard that there were 5 OD's in Newport alone TODAY !!!!!!

 

What in the hell is going on? This is definitely an epidemic and killing people at a very fast rate.

A friend of mine on FB listens to a scanner everyday and just posted he heard that there were 5 OD's in Newport alone TODAY !!!!!!

 

What in the hell is going on? This is definitely an epidemic and killing people at a very fast rate.

 

Heroin is to N.Ky as oxycodone is to Northeast Ky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.