Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heroin - NKY

Featured Replies

There was a huge expose about this in the Enquirer. Newport Kroger's parking lot has to be patrolled big time' date=' b/c guys buy in Cincy and cross over and stop there to do their thing. I haven't heard about that being the place where sales take place.[/quote']

 

That store is crazy.

 

Last fall they found a few thousand dollars worth of heroin stashed in the garbage cans in the female bathroom stalls.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This short video could help us understand why the uprising of heroin in the U.S. all of the sudden...

 

Not sure we're doing ourselves any favors...

 

Ultimately our communities suffer, and the local dealers/users take the heat...

 

Our priorities our screwed...

 

US Military Helps Terrorist's Grow Heroin - US Funding Taliban - YouTube

 

Ignoring the elephant won't make it go away... We need to stop letting the drug into the country. It comes down to logic: If the drug wasn't here, no one would be tempted to do it.

Herion has been an INCREDIBLE epidemic in northern Kentucky for the past 10 years or so. I would dare say that black tar herion (the cheaper form that ColonelCrazy was referring to) is probably the #1 drug overdose seen in hospitals and morgues around the region. A close friend of mine was a Kenton County prosecutor until about a year ago, and he says he was seeing two or three new herion possession or herion trafficking cases come across his desk on a daily basis. In the last 3 months I've personally known or known relatives of 3 people who died overdosing on black tar herion.

I've never heard of heroin around NKY. Granted, I'm not in the market, but you usually run into the abusers of various drugs. I thought "hillbilly heroin" and meth had stronger market footholds in KY.

As a nurse, I can tell you there is no doubt that Heroin is at an all time high. I am not talking street thugs, but the boy/girl next door type. The addicts I talk to say it is one of the easiest things to get, except for the prescriptions in mom and dad's medicine cabinet.

 

It is one of the hardest addictions to kick. Good drug rehab is hard to find, even by those with money. Insurance companies sure don't want to pay for it. The stigma against drug addiction makes it easy for people to stick their heads in the sand and pretend it isn't their problem

 

Drug addiction affects everyone. Even if you don't know someone with a problem, you are likely paying higher insurance rates, both health and homeowner, because of it.

 

We truly need better, more comprehensive, services for drug addiction that is available for anyone.

Are you all talking about the 'new' Kroger just off 471? That really surprises me being that it hasn't been opened that long and is perceived as 'nice' by many.

Are you all talking about the 'new' Kroger just off 471? That really surprises me being that it hasn't been opened that long and is perceived as 'nice' by many.

 

There's nothing that says nice places can't be used to sell drugs. After all, what dealer wouldn't want to go somewhere where they would be less suspect?

It was a problem at Campbell County High School when I was in high school back in the late 90s

 

As a Bracken County student during this same era, that was the word we heard from Alexandria.

I thought "hillbilly heroin" and meth had stronger market footholds in KY.

 

From what I've been told by law enforcement friends, what you're talking about here is much more prevalent in other areas of Kentucky, but that heroin is a big deal in the three big NKY counties.

From what I've been told by law enforcement friends, what you're talking about here is much more prevalent in other areas of Kentucky, but that heroin is a big deal in the three big NKY counties.

 

Yea I suppose so. I guess I've been out of the loop on this one.

There's nothing that says nice places can't be used to sell drugs. After all, what dealer wouldn't want to go somewhere where they would be less suspect?

 

Very true.

There's nothing that says nice places can't be used to sell drugs. After all, what dealer wouldn't want to go somewhere where they would be less suspect?

 

Very True, Dillards used to be hot spot for the Dixie kids back in the day.

I've never heard of heroin around NKY. Granted' date=' I'm not in the market, but you usually run into the abusers of various drugs. I thought "hillbilly heroin" and meth had stronger market footholds in KY.[/quote']

 

I think meth is still pretty popular depending on what part of the state you are in. Based on what I've heard heroin is very popular in the NKY/Cincy area though. More so than any pills or meth.

 

From what I've been told by law enforcement friends, what you're talking about here is much more prevalent in other areas of Kentucky, but that heroin is a big deal in the three big NKY counties.

 

Heroin is actually starting to take it's place here in Central KY. The News-Enterprise (Elizabethtown) ran a piece on it not long ago.

Heroin is actually starting to take it's place here in Central KY. The News-Enterprise (Elizabethtown) ran a piece on it not long ago.

 

I don't doubt it. The law enforcement people I have talked with would not have as much knowledge of that part of the state.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.