Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heroin - NKY

Featured Replies

^ Completely brilliant. Love me some British sarcasm. :thumb:

  • Replies 189
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Completely brilliant. Love me some British sarcasm. :thumb:

 

Thank you Jim for checking out the link. It gives me faith that the point that I've been driving since the inception of this thread has not fallen on deaf ears.

 

I realize that people really don't want to believe this, and neither do I, but all the same I'm pretty certain that the junk is coming from somewhere, and it's not being grown on someone's farm in the midwest.

 

It's a known fact of where 90% of its production originates.

 

It's frustrating to think that our country's involvement is helping to perpetrate the crisis that our American communities are now suffering.

 

I would want nothing more than to have faith in our own government to have its citizen's best interests in mind. It's a downright disgrace to realize that in this case they do not.

 

Money is the root of all evil and we're all living in a fairy land if we don't open our eyes to see it.

 

I'm guessing that we can't point to everyone in power and say that they have blood on their hands, but the ones that do ought to be ashamed of themselves.

 

Revelations such as this makes me feel ever so small, hopeless and helpless. Sorta even makes me want to shut my eyes to it all as there is very little if anything that I can do about it.

 

I guess that I can't blame the general public for wanting to stay in fairy land, but that will only work just as long as no one we know becomes inflicted or dies, or we personally do not have our homes burglarized for the sake of someone getting their fix.

 

The Padres are in town today to face the Reds. That ought to do the trick to get my mind on something more pleasurable.

72 Hours Of Heroin | raising2tweens

 

Sending prayers out to my friend Nick whose nephew passed away this past weekend. Another

heroin fatality in NKY.

 

I view the obits daily and when I see a young face I always wonder if heroin was the cause. Prayers go out to his family.

 

I view the obits daily and when I see a young face I always wonder if heroin was the cause. Prayers go out to his family.

 

Was talking about that with pops the other day. Really is pretty messed up and just sad all the way around.

We think a very close friend is back on this garbage, I just called this thread up and will read every post. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I was at the Cathedral Saturday night before work and ran into a Deacon who just happened to be involved drug rehab. I don't think it was an accident that we met! As he said, pray my rear end off!

We think a very close friend is back on this garbage, I just called this thread up and will read every post. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I was at the Cathedral Saturday night before work and ran into a Deacon who just happened to be involved drug rehab. I don't think it was an accident that we met! As he said, pray my rear end off!

 

 

Opiates, especially their triggers, are very dependent on the environment. Think "soldier's disease" in foreign wars, but soldiers coming back home and having better chances at kicking the habit with better success. Get out of the "using" environment, and quickly. Get out of town and into a new geographic area. Go far, far from the region where different environmental and sensory cues won't intensify cravings.

 

Rapid detox is an option considering the most intense cravings subside after a number of days. This is basically having someone go into a medical detox facility and basically get hooked to IV's that flush their body of the drug and/or things that cause the more intense cravings.

 

Be sure that your friend is aware that the incidence of overdoses in places like hotel rooms occur so frequently because the body senses/feels the physical/environmental cues of a place where the user is "used to using" and things like the sights, temperature, etc. begin to prepare their body for the effect of the drugs subconsciously (i.e., they feel somewhat of a high just being in the area because their body is preparing to go into shock based on environmental cues). In a new environment like a hotel room, the body doesn't do this, so the same (or even a lesser) dose can be fatal because the body's natural reactions don't kick in/prepare as efficiently and effectively as it would if they were in their habitual environment.

 

The variance in dosage on "street" heroin, especially black tar heroin, is great (ex., "batches" aren't the same strength).

 

Having a family member keep prescription drugs on hand that send the send the body back to a level of equilibrium is controversial, but could save a life if they come into a situation where they find someone overdosing when time is of the essence (like I said though, this is very controversial and if the user knew, could have a devastating negative effect on them for obvious reasons).

 

Source for lots of this is from a Drugs & Behavior Psychology class I took with a great professor in college who was one of the leading doctors in the Drug & Alcohol Research Center.

 

The "equilibrium" pharmaceutical drugs bit comes from articles you can probably find online.

 

 

Wish you and your friend the best of luck.

 

Also, probably shouldn't share that the Deacon said what he did (this is without me knowing the full story... and not wanting to know it either), as rehab sessions are governed by strict federal privacy laws meant to encourage honesty and full disclosure between the patient/counselor. These are taken as seriously as attorney : client privilege or doctor : patient confidentiality. I know the intent was probably there and hopefully some good can come out of it, but could be (at the very least flirting with) breaking federal law.

 

 

None of the above should also be substituted for the advice of a qualified health care professional.

Local Sheriff's Dept arrested a guy from Ohio and one from Florida that were set up and selling out of the local Red Roof Inn. Had been there for a day or two selling, but were forcing buyers to use in front of them so no evidence would leave the room. Deputies got a warrant after several hours of surveillance and recovered Heroin, Pot, cash and a couple of vehicles.

Honestly I've been thinking about this for a while. I think it's going to take a united stance for a crack down to work. Average citizens need to be vigilant. I feel like everyone knows a user but no one knows a dealer which means perhaps we aren't paying enough attention. This stuff has to go

Local Sheriff's Dept arrested a guy from Ohio and one from Florida that were set up and selling out of the local Red Roof Inn. Had been there for a day or two selling' date=' but were forcing buyers to use in front of them so no evidence would leave the room. Deputies got a warrant after several hours of surveillance and recovered Heroin, Pot, cash and a couple of vehicles.[/quote']

 

Scum...that's what they are.

I have learned a lot the past few days about this garbage, Now I am not in deniel, but don't see 100% our friend is using, but I guess one will never see that 100%, but I see it as very possible this is the reason.

 

I will post later, or tomorrow when I have more time.

It is all over. Spent the weekend at my sister's house in a Milwaukee suburb. She reminded us to make sure our car was locked and anything of value well hidden. No doubt this is good common sense anywhere. But my sister was especially vigilant because of recent car break-ins in the subdivision. When law enforcement connected the dots, they learned it was a couple heroin addicts taking anything from cars to feed their habits.

This problem isn't going away anytime soon.

Also, probably shouldn't share that the Deacon said what he did (this is without me knowing the full story... and not wanting to know it either), as rehab sessions are governed by strict federal privacy laws meant to encourage honesty and full disclosure between the patient/counselor. These are taken as seriously as attorney : client privilege or doctor : patient confidentiality. I know the intent was probably there and hopefully some good can come out of it, but could be (at the very least flirting with) breaking federal law.

I didn't see anything in what the deacon said that should be either an ethical concern or a HIPAA violation. It sounded like he just said to pray for the person. Now Sportsguy could be said to have made an ethical violation in telling the deacon about his friend, but since he isn't a licensed therapist discussing a client, he isn't subject to ACA or APA ethical guidelines. :cool:

^ Agreed. I was there praying and decided to talk to him, out of the many priests and deacons there that night. I talked, he listened, then just told me that he was involved in rehab, we talked a while longer, and then he said pray your rear end off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.