Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heroin - NKY

Featured Replies

  • Replies 189
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of injecting myself with something makes my palms sweaty. I don't get it. Scary stuff.

The thought of injecting myself with something makes my palms sweaty. I don't get it. Scary stuff.

 

I don't even like when the DRs have needles around me. Put me in the I don't get it crowd.

I don't even like when the DRs have needles around me. Put me in the I don't get it crowd.

 

Got a flu shot the other day in the upper arm. The pain didn't bother me but I definitely didn't enjoy it. But...between the toes...Hell no!

The thought of injecting myself with something makes my palms sweaty. I don't get it. Scary stuff.

 

I'm right there with you. The thought of injecting myself with stuff I got from some shady character who clearly has no sense of morals and is not at all considered a law abiding citizens is even more scary. Yea that's the type of person I want with my life in their hands.....

Need to take the heroin dealers and stick them with a lethal dose of the stuff they sell. Would benefit all the families who will have to deal with their kid who becomes and addict.

I'm right there with you. The thought of injecting myself with stuff I got from some shady character who clearly has no sense of morals and is not at all considered a law abiding citizens is even more scary. Yea that's the type of person I want with my life in their hands.....

 

Pretty sure you wouldn't be thinking about it that analytically if you were a junkie.

Pretty sure you wouldn't be thinking about it that analytically if you were a junkie.

 

Right. That's the part I don't get. Fully understanding that I'm not an addict so I wouldn't get it. I don't think I could bring myself to do it that first time. I'm sure it gets easier but...no thanks.

Pretty sure you wouldn't be thinking about it that analytically if you were a junkie.

 

Which is exactly why I'd never go down that road, drugs are bad.

Right. That's the part I don't get. Fully understanding that I'm not an addict so I wouldn't get it. I don't think I could bring myself to do it that first time. I'm sure it gets easier but...no thanks.

 

Ya I have no problem saying no the first, second, third or however many times I'm offered. Also don't have any problem distancing myself with people that think shooting up is acceptable and I don't think it's that hard for others to do the same which is why I really don't understand how people get in to this junk.

Ya I have no problem saying no the first, second, third or however many times I'm offered. Also don't have any problem distancing myself with people that think shooting up is acceptable and I don't think it's that hard for others to do the same which is why I really don't understand how people get in to this junk.
It doesn't always begin with heroin. In some cases, people get hooked on prescription drugs or other street drugs first. When their tolerance level gets to the point where their drug of choice isn't getting them the relief they crave...they turn to heroin. And no little needle stick is going to come between a person in full-blown dependency and their high. They have to have it -- both physiologically and psychologically. They'll do anything to get it.

I've saw many friends and people from around my area go through pills

like crazy, suddenly the government starts shutting down the pill mills and

heroin was the next step for them. I know some of these people get up in the

morning and the first thing they do is catch a ride to cincy to score heroin. I've heard

of several people around the Maysville area making 2-3 trips a day back and forth. From

what I've heard they can get more for there money get there fix out of whatever they buy

and come back sell the rest and repeat the cycle. These people aren't in this to make money but

they fund there own habit that way; and like others have said these people aren't getting high

off of this most of the time. These people are at a stage where it takes shooting up or snorting

heroin to feel normal or avoid withdrawal.

Ya I have no problem saying no the first, second, third or however many times I'm offered. Also don't have any problem distancing myself with people that think shooting up is acceptable and I don't think it's that hard for others to do the same which is why I really don't understand how people get in to this junk.
That's because you don't have an addictive personality, you're not an addict and you don't understand the toll it takes on someone that is. As Birdsfan points out, it often starts out innocently enough, with prescription meds, sometimes just as simple as alcohol. Then it moves on to the next level and the next. These people are not themselves after a certain point. They truly and honestly can't stop themselves. I've seen it firsthand in my family with a relative that has had problems for quite some time and with family of friends. It's a horrible, dangerous and destructive path they're on and they simply can't control themselves. Sad how drug abuse destroys relationships, families and lives.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.