Trinity 21 Scott County 14

All Tell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HHS fans will tell you the officials in Ft. Thomas tonight were the worst they have ever seen:)!!

Football never ceases to amaze me. Trinity beats HHS in a scrimmage like a drum. HHS hangs over 60 on Scott County a couple of weeks later. Scott comes very close to beating Trinity in the state semis. Yeah, I saw that coming.

I thought the planets had lined up for Scott. Quick was out, Dawkins had a stomach virus, wind messing with passes, good Cardinal defense (to include a pick six early in the 2nd half to build the 14-0 lead). But, Rocks score 3 times in final 7:48 with a pass to Swabek, a T. Wright 3 td run and with 30 seconds left a 57 yard screen pass to Dawkins. DD is amazing... sick as a dog but still had 100+ yards rushing and the game winner. T defense was on their game in the second half. Officiating was the northern Kentucky bumble squad for sure. Coach Beatty gave the crowd some props too for getting behind the guys tonight. Now on to BG to play a team from across town... yeah, that makes sense. No shame for Scott, a great effort.

Just got home from the game and I have to say that Scott County is an amazing team. They played hard and had an excellent game plan. If they had more of a passing game there is no chance Trinity would have been able to come back.

What impressed me the most in this game from the Cardinals was easily their defense. They were fast, hit hard, covered receivers well and got pressure on Wright. Couple that with some badly thrown balls and dropped passes from wide open receivers and Scott County was primed for the upset. The Rocks fought hard but Scott County deserves a TON of praise. They are a good ball club to say the least, shoot I will go so far as to say they are a great one. Man I wish this had been for the title, this would have been one for the ages!

T got the benefit of some questionable calls and they got the short end of the stick on others. I thought it was balanced for the game. I actually thought they were fairly decent overall. The calls that were "iffy" just seemed to happen at very key points of the game.

SC executed their game plan VERY well. #1, #23, & #16 played their hearts out for SC.

T got the benefit of some questionable calls and they got the short end of the stick on others. I thought it was balanced for the game. I actually thought they were fairly decent overall. The calls that were "iffy" just seemed to happen at very key points of the game.

SC executed their game plan VERY well. #1, #23, & #16 played their hearts out for SC.

I agree on the referreeing part. I heard on the Trinity post-game radio broadcast that T outgained SC something like 380 to 180. SC was very well coached, tackled well and had some very good athletes. It is a shame they had to lose this game....but you do have to play for 48 minutes.