Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 21 Scott County 14

Featured Replies

If there's another thread I didn't see it. Sorry

 

First Scott County played their hearts out.

 

Second, that was the WORST officiating I have seen this year. If that's what passes for good officials in Northern Kentucky I really feel for you.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HHS fans will tell you the officials in Ft. Thomas tonight were the worst they have ever seen:)!!

 

Football never ceases to amaze me. Trinity beats HHS in a scrimmage like a drum. HHS hangs over 60 on Scott County a couple of weeks later. Scott comes very close to beating Trinity in the state semis. Yeah, I saw that coming.

Down 14-0, Trinity scores 21 points in the last 7 minutes or so to eke out the win.

I thought the planets had lined up for Scott. Quick was out, Dawkins had a stomach virus, wind messing with passes, good Cardinal defense (to include a pick six early in the 2nd half to build the 14-0 lead). But, Rocks score 3 times in final 7:48 with a pass to Swabek, a T. Wright 3 td run and with 30 seconds left a 57 yard screen pass to Dawkins. DD is amazing... sick as a dog but still had 100+ yards rushing and the game winner. T defense was on their game in the second half. Officiating was the northern Kentucky bumble squad for sure. Coach Beatty gave the crowd some props too for getting behind the guys tonight. Now on to BG to play a team from across town... yeah, that makes sense. No shame for Scott, a great effort.

Just got home from the game and I have to say that Scott County is an amazing team. They played hard and had an excellent game plan. If they had more of a passing game there is no chance Trinity would have been able to come back.

 

What impressed me the most in this game from the Cardinals was easily their defense. They were fast, hit hard, covered receivers well and got pressure on Wright. Couple that with some badly thrown balls and dropped passes from wide open receivers and Scott County was primed for the upset. The Rocks fought hard but Scott County deserves a TON of praise. They are a good ball club to say the least, shoot I will go so far as to say they are a great one. Man I wish this had been for the title, this would have been one for the ages!

Jim McKee and his staff have done a marvelous job with this group of kids! Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game!!

T got the benefit of some questionable calls and they got the short end of the stick on others. I thought it was balanced for the game. I actually thought they were fairly decent overall. The calls that were "iffy" just seemed to happen at very key points of the game.

SC executed their game plan VERY well. #1, #23, & #16 played their hearts out for SC.

Sheesh who would have thought T would escape to the finals.

T got the benefit of some questionable calls and they got the short end of the stick on others. I thought it was balanced for the game. I actually thought they were fairly decent overall. The calls that were "iffy" just seemed to happen at very key points of the game.

SC executed their game plan VERY well. #1, #23, & #16 played their hearts out for SC.

I agree on the referreeing part. I heard on the Trinity post-game radio broadcast that T outgained SC something like 380 to 180. SC was very well coached, tackled well and had some very good athletes. It is a shame they had to lose this game....but you do have to play for 48 minutes.

Great job Rocks. Way to fight back when it didn't look real bright.

 

Anyone else beside me and a few others - start to see visions of DIXIE HEIGHTS..????

 

On to BG. 1 more to go..

The Birds would spank Trinity right now. Highlands is the #1 team in the state of Kentucky.

 

I'll have some of what you're drinking.

Trinity would be handled by the Birds. Trinity has jumped off the cliff since losing Quick.

 

You're starting to sound like UKFan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.