Trinity 21 Scott County 14

All Tell

I am as big a HHS fan as anyone but I am very realistic. Let me say this. Trinity is considerably better than HHS this year. I know it was only a "scrimmage" but HHS was humbled by Trinity. I do think HHS would be competitive against Trinity if they played now (they were NOT in the scrimmage) but Trinity would still be a big favorite. The HHS offense has done a good job of masking the fact that the HHS defense is just average this year. Lex Cath could have easily scored 50 last night with a sophomore QB (who is very talented but still a sophomore) except for a couple of dropped passes. CovCath had four turnovers (some caused by the HHS defense but not all) or that game would have been really interesting. The HHS offense has really been clicking of late so nobody is talking about the defense. That defense would have one heck of a time with Trinity if they played now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about the game more and more specifically the comments of McKee, Coach this time in the Herald-Leader. You Highlands people will love this. LINK TO STORY

The loss was tough to swallow for Coach Jim McKee, whose Scott County team fell to Trinity 62-21 in last year's state finals.

"Defensively, I thought we played great. We gave everything we had," McKee said. "I mean, it's unhealthy for football in Kentucky for the same school to win the state championship nine out of the last 11 years. Us or somebody needs to beat them just for the health of football. We certainly gave it our best shot."

Now Highlands is poised to win it's 6th title in a row. According to McKee, Coach you are unhealthy to football in Kentucky. Someone need to beat you for the health of football in Kentucky.

Discuss.

Let's talk about the game more and more specifically the comments of McKee, Coach this time in the Herald-Leader. You Highlands people will love this. LINK TO STORY

Now Highlands is poised to win it's 6th title in a row. According to McKee, Coach you are unhealthy to football in Kentucky. Someone need to beat you for the health of football in Kentucky.

Discuss.

Frankly, I agree with him. It is especially bad when the state championship games are basically over at half time - like many were last year. I hope HHS wins 10 in a row - as a HHS fan - and they might the way the divisions are set up now. However, I wish some of the other schools in KY would raise the level of their programs. Realistically, on an annual basis, HHS and Trinity have only about 3 schools that even have a chance to beat them within their divisions.

Didn't HHS beat Scott Co. by 50pts and Trinity won by 7......hmmmmmm? Didn't Elder beat Moeller and Moeller beat Trinity.. I think it all means a bunch of nothing..I will say I believe if HHS and Trinity played again it would be a much better game. HHS is playing very well and it seems Trinity has lost it's swagger..

You know RB - this thread is supposed to be about the T -SC game last night. Why do you and your fellow birdephiles feel obliged to engage in nonsensical hypotheticals about what would happen now between H and T. Take it elsewhere. Who cares - "get a life".

I thoughtr SC HS's comments were pathetic - esp. as it relates to his "competition."

His Kids played a heck of game and had me considerably worried. Instead of devoting his commentary to and about them - he chose to 'whine and cry" about big bad T and X. Sad.

Also unbelievable how he was allowed to "come out to the numbers" ( at least in the first half) to call his plays. OUr Refs would have "lit him up for that."

Didn't HHS beat Scott Co. by 50pts and Trinity won by 7......hmmmmmm? Didn't Elder beat Moeller and Moeller beat Trinity.. I think it all means a bunch of nothing..I will say I believe if HHS and Trinity played again it would be a much better game. HHS is playing very well and it seems Trinity has lost it's swagger..
At the end of the day, who really cares? The team I root for, crushed the team you root for.....great....you "looked" better the last 1-2 weeks.....we've "looked" better the last "bunch" of years. Does any of that make anyone feel better? Does it sound childish? YES! Move on, play the next one.

Hopefully for Kentucky football it is not like the Obama Government. If you want it, you are going to have to work for it. It is not going to be handed to you.

State Championships will not be handed out. You have to work for it and earn it. Every football player in this state knows how to do that and what it takes. If it doesn't happen now it will come.:thumb:

Frankly, I agree with him. It is especially bad when the state championship games are basically over at half time - like many were last year. I hope HHS wins 10 in a row - as a HHS fan - and they might the way the divisions are set up now. However, I wish some of the other schools in KY would raise the level of their programs. Realistically, on an annual basis, HHS and Trinity have only about 3 schools that even have a chance to beat them within their divisions.

I don't disagree with you at all but rather the whine about how good 1 or 2 other programs are wouldn't it be more constructive to first praise your players for the great game they played and then concentrate your efforts on getting that every time you step on the field? MAybe that would encourage others to follow suit.

Congrats to Trinity. Championship teams find ways to win the big games even when things are not fully going their way. I must say I was hoping SC would pull off the upset, but deep down I never thought Trinity would actually lose this game, even when they were down 14 in the fourth quarter.

At the end of the day, who really cares? The team I root for, crushed the team you root for.....great....you "looked" better the last 1-2 weeks.....we've "looked" better the last "bunch" of years. Does any of that make anyone feel better? Does it sound childish? YES! Move on, play the next one.

Hmmmm.....going for 6 in a row....no envy here. Relax.....Trinity has lost a little of its swagger its ok..good god. Wouldnt suprise me if they win the state title by 40 or more. I will give last couple of years but not bunches! lol

First, congratulations to SC for a great season. Their coaches came in with a great game plan and had their kids primed for the upset. They were helped by three factors that neither team could control, Quick being out, Dawkins being sick and the wind. The wind (and the lack of adjustments to it) took away the medium and deep passes. SC did a great job of defending the short passes. Our guys dug deep at the end of the game and did what they had to do. Special praise goes to Daylen Dawkins. At the end of the game he shook off the illness and played the way we have come to expect. With regard to the SC coaches comments after the game, he is right, BUT. What he is describing is a symptom, not the disease. The real problem is that there are too many schools or school systems that don't do the work to give their kids the coaching, facilities and support needed to achieve. That isn't our fault. It isn't a sign of health when one school dominates most classes, but the problem isn't those schools. The problem lies with everyone else.

I don't disagree with you at all but rather the whine about how good 1 or 2 other programs are wouldn't it be more constructive to first praise your players for the great game they played and then concentrate your efforts on getting that every time you step on the field? MAybe that would encourage others to follow suit.

I don't know anything about the Scott County coach. I will say his team must have improved ALOT from when I saw them play HHS early to last week. That is a mark of a good coach - how much his team improves during a season. I think everyone needs to re-read what he said. First he congratulated his team for how they played and their effort. Second, he said that it is not healthy for one team to be dominating every year. I completely agree with him. I took it that he is challenging his team to get better to be able to beat Trinity. If I was a Scott County fan, that is exactly what I would want my coach to think. I did not detect any whining at all. I just think he is sick of getting beat and wants his team to feel the same way. I wish more coaches took this attitude.