Trinity 21 Scott County 14

All Tell

Trinity folks need to settle down....they are not what they were. I dont care who they lose they should not have a goose egg on the board with 7 minutes to go to a team Highlands hung 60 on period!....I am not saying Highlands would be them at all but that is not the same team and its not just because Quick is out.

Trinity put up what, 50 on HHS in the first half of the scrimmage? I am pretty sure that nullifies comments from the peanut gallery.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity put up what, 50 on HHS in the first half of the scrimmage? I am pretty sure that nullifies comments from the peanut gallery.

Actually it was 51-0 at halftime after going back and checking the thread on it and all of our starters were out for the second half when HHS put up 31 finally with McCoy and company playing by the details listed there.

Trinity folks need to settle down....they are not what they were. I dont care who they lose they should not have a goose egg on the board with 7 minutes to go to a team Highlands hung 60 on period!....I am not saying Highlands would be them at all but that is not the same team and its not just because Quick is out.

So with what I posted in mind:

Trinity would struggle against Highlands as long as Quick is out, Dawkins has the flu(which also was going on last night apparently), his backup (Brooks) injures his leg, and the Birds are fired up. Sounds possible.

Didn't HHS beat Scott Co. by 50pts and Trinity won by 7......hmmmmmm? Didn't Elder beat Moeller and Moeller beat Trinity.. I think it all means a bunch of nothing..I will say I believe if HHS and Trinity played again it would be a much better game. HHS is playing very well and it seems Trinity has lost it's swagger..

If you want to think Quick is Trinity's whole team go right ahead but you are foolin yourself. Cause Trinity is still the best team is this State with or with out Quick. On offense Dawkins has proven time & time again that he will get the job done, then there is Swabie, Reggie,Brooks & Qb Wright. Now the Biggest reason the rest of the State will struggle against Trinity is there stout Defense. That front 4 d-line is playing killer football lead by DT Jabari & DE Hatcher.

While St X was able to score 14 early points on T but X didn't get another 1st down or point in the 2nd half it was totall dominations by Trinity Defense holding X to 11 2nd half yards & 140 total. Scott county didn't fair much better either. T's defense only gave up 7 points for the entire game & Scott co only muster up 170 yards total for the game.

So right now without Quick Trinity O is simply shooting themselves in the foot by not finishing drives. A drop pass here,a over thrown pass there & a penatly here then you get the Offense not finishing drives.

My point is Trinity is moving the ball with no problems they are not finishing drives & thier problem is actually more Mentally as opposed to not having Quick.

Edited by floridaboy#2 speed kills

Trinity short on playmakers... Welcome to 90% of the state. W is a W still.

You are correct. The important thing is that the Rocks found a way to win despite the obstacles...and has several times lately. It's only those outside of Trinity who think we are disappointing.

Late to the party here but how did missing one player cause T to only score 21 and zero of those in the first 3 quarters?

Quick being out didn't cause that. The Scott County defense had a fantastic game plan and played their hearts out. Our WRs were dropping passes all night and our QB was off target like I have never seen before. Wright was 17-38 in his passing which is well below his usual completion percentage, anything under 60% for him his a bad game normally. Dawkins fighting the flu didn't help matters either and he still had over 100 yards on the ground. Scott County played an amazing game though, they were fired up and played to win.

The loss of one player likely wouldn't have had as much impact if one of the other leading players hadn't been so sick he was puking, and another played injured.

You are correct. The important thing is that the Rocks found a way to win despite the obstacles...and has several times lately. It's only those outside of Trinity who think we are disappointing.

Exactly.

That is a good point after all even though we demolished them in a scrimmage and they managed to lose to an Elder team we beat rather handily they are clearly still the better team when both are at 100%.

SCRIMMAGE......look im not saying Highlands would beat them...Trinity is the best team in the state....you made my point....you hung 50 in a half on HHS and you have to come from behind to be a team HHS put 60 on.....teams do get better and teams also tend to get complacent...thats all. Im not a one that thinks i know everything...just stating the obvious. Trinity is a better team look i said it but the gap is not as big as it was in the scrimmage thats all.

SCRIMMAGE......look im not saying Highlands would beat them...Trinity is the best team in the state....you made my point....you hung 50 in a half on HHS and you have to come from behind to be a team HHS put 60 on.....teams do get better and teams also tend to get complacent...thats all. Im not a one that thinks i know everything...just stating the obvious. Trinity is a better team look i said it but the gap is not as big as it was in the scrimmage thats all.

I would definitely agree with that. I think HHS has improved dramatically since game one and I can see people looking at the Rocks and wondering how good they are after the last few weeks. It could be that Trinity's schedule finally caught up with them, I don't know the answer for sure. I was just responding to the notion that HHS would handle us easily, which I know you did not actually say. That was another poster. I think it would be an epic matchup at this point.