Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

rockmom

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news and shocking.Yesterday I drove from the Florida/Alabama state line to the Alabama/Tennessee state line,and I couldn't help but to think about Larry.All of this before I heard about his passing.I didn't agree with Larry most of the time,but I really did like him,and I will miss him!Rest in Peace Larry,I consider you a friend and a brother...

Admittedly I have zero clue how to do it, and I know nothing about funeral arrangements, but I was thinking about whether or not it would be possible to arrange a PayPal account to collect some money and send some flowers for Larry's funeral services and/or a charitable donation in his honor if the family chooses a charity for donations.

I know we've had some folks post more than once, but just to give an idea, $5 bucks for each post in this thread makes for $480 worth of donation money.

Just a thought.

Wonderful idea.

Admittedly I have zero clue how to do it, and I know nothing about funeral arrangements, but I was thinking about whether or not it would be possible to arrange a PayPal account to collect some money and send some flowers for Larry's funeral services and/or a charitable donation in his honor if the family chooses a charity for donations.

I know we've had some folks post more than once, but just to give an idea, $5 bucks for each post in this thread makes for $480 worth of donation money.

Just a thought.

I hope someone can figure out how to do this.I'm definitely in.

What would we send? Flowers? Donation? Plaque?

I lean towards something that lasts longer than flowers but flowers are easy so.....

I tend to lean in the direction of a donation. I would wait to find out what, if any charity Larry's family will be suggesting donations to. If not, one of my absolute favorite charities is an ecumenical Christian charity based in Florida called Food For The Poor that serves impoverished areas of Latin America and the Caribbean. They're completely legitimate and have been around for 30 years.

$15 will feed a family of 4 for a month.

$20 will provide school supplies for a child for a year.

$24 will provide 100 lbs. of rice and beans.

$25 will provide 20 chicks to grow up as egg-laying hens.

$31 will provide a shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of shoes to an orphan.

$44 will feed a child for a year.

$100 provides 3 piglets to a family.

$205 provides a village with a water pump.

I tend to lean in the direction of a donation. I would wait to find out what, if any charity Larry's family will be suggesting donations to. If not, one of my absolute favorite charities is an ecumenical Christian charity based in Florida called Food For The Poor that serves impoverished areas of Latin America and the Caribbean. They're completely legitimate and have been around for 30 years.

$15 will feed a family of 4 for a month.

$20 will provide school supplies for a child for a year.

$24 will provide 100 lbs. of rice and beans.

$25 will provide 20 chicks to grow up as egg-laying hens.

$31 will provide a shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of shoes to an orphan.

$44 will feed a child for a year.

$100 provides 3 piglets to a family.

$205 provides a village with a water pump.

I think this idea (or one like it) would please Larry very much. I'm on board for whatever you guys decide to do.