Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

rockmom

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, THIS is why I love this place.

:thumb:

A passage of Scripture came to mind as I was re-reading this thread. It's from Hebrews 11:4 & it is speaking of Abel (Adam & Eve's son) in its original context. But the latter part of the verse made me think of Larry & the legacy he has left behind for his family, for us, & for those who will benefit from this scholarship fund.

"...By faith he was approved as a righteous man, because God approved his gifts, and even though he is dead, he still speaks through his faith (Hebrews 11:4 Holman Christian Standard Bible)."

Crazy! With the donations made through PayPal plus at least two who wrote their own checks we are going to be around $900.

I'll keep this open through today and then we'll cut the check.

We've got donations from $10 to $100. Well done.

Crazy! With the donations made through PayPal plus at least two who wrote their own checks we are going to be around $900.

I'll keep this open through today and then we'll cut the check.

We've got donations from $10 to $100. Well done.

Love it! :thumb:

Awesome thing to provide this scholarship money, and very nice of Clyde to facilitate it also.

I never met AL, but I always wanted to. I think he would have been a blast to hang out with. My prayers are with his family throughout the difficult days ahead. May God bless them all.

Awesome thing to provide this scholarship money, and very nice of Clyde to facilitate it also.

I never met AL, but I always wanted to. I think he would have been a blast to hang out with. My prayers are with his family throughout the difficult days ahead. May God bless them all.

:thumb: I think AL would be very happy and proud that we did this in his honor.