Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

rockmom

If it were me, I would wait on ideas until the obit comes out to see if the family included any suggestions.

Plus, with AL's sudden passing, it is hard to know the family's financial situation and if they were prepared for the expenses of arrangements. Could be that a little BGP pile of cash might be most needed.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I have zero clue how to do it, and I know nothing about funeral arrangements, but I was thinking about whether or not it would be possible to arrange a PayPal account to collect some money and send some flowers for Larry's funeral services and/or a charitable donation in his honor if the family chooses a charity for donations.

I know we've had some folks post more than once, but just to give an idea, $5 bucks for each post in this thread makes for $480 worth of donation money.

Just a thought.

I'm in.

Likewise.

I just found out about AL's passing. As I rolled through all the posts with tears streaming down my face my thoughts are the same that everyone has posted - shock, sad for Mama and the boys. Isn't it something how a man who most on BGP and that includes myself had never met face to face how he touched each of our lives? I can almost see him post doesn't God work in mysterious ways. The scripture that keeps running through my head now is Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

AL has accomplished his goal of hearing the words “Well done, good and faithful servant”.

I'm going to miss him.:cry:

If anything is done in AL's memory whatever it may be just PM me I'll definitely donate.

So Sad to just see this! AL and I rarely agreed on sports matters as I love LSU and he sure loved 'Bama. I always enjoyed his posts on religous matters as it made one look at things in a different way.

PM me and I will happily donate!

Once and only this once for you AL.....Roll Tide!!!

RIP...Alabama Larry, he was one dedicated fan...It can't be easy posting frequently on a board built up of mostly Reds, Bengals, UK and UC fans and being a fan of Alabama and the Yankees...He was good spirited and always knew how to take a joke...I will be thinking of him when the Reds travel to NY to take on the Yankees this week...Yesterday I got on here and seen this thread but didn't think anything of it but today those first 5 words "OUR FRIEND ALABAMA LARRY HAS" caught my attention and my stomach turned over, I had a flashback too the thread when our friend Patick Starr passed...It seems like just yesterday...With that being said RIP AL and RIP PS neither one of you will ever be forgotten on BGP...I think it's great that people are repping AL's avatar in his honor, I'm going to do likewise and bring back the Dodgers avatar for our long lost friend PS...I have been thinking about doing this for a while as it doesn't feel the same during baseball season without seeing Patricks Dodgers logo while scrolling around...It feels like he passed about this same time last year, kind of eery...It hurts when a poster from this forum passes and you never had the privilege of meeting them, the only way you know them is from going back and forth with them on here...That is a great picture of AL though and like everyone has said from reading his posts that's what I always imagined he looked like...

They are establishing a scholarship fund in Larry's memory through the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Contributions can be made to that & I believe that information will be made available in tomorrow's Courier Journal.

Visitation 2:00-8:00 pm Wednesday @ Arch L. Heady @ Resthaven on Bardstown Road (I don't know where that is...I just wrote down what I was told)

Funeral: 12:00 pm on Thursday (additional visitation that morning from 10:00 am-12:00 pm)

Again, please check tomorrow's Courier Journal for some of this information. I spoke with Larry's wife & she gave me this information. I told her that the BGP community was heartsick over the loss & that the family was in our thoughts & prayers.

Visitation 2:00-8:00 pm Wednesday @ Arch L. Heady @ Resthaven on Bardstown Road (I don't know where that is...I just wrote down what I was told)
Resthaven Memorial Park

4400 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40218

RM says it's near Fern Creek

She also said it's near Breckinridge Lane on Bardstown Road.

Larry's Obituary and Guest Book Page

Larry B. "Alabama Larry" White, 59, of Louisville, passed away on May 12, 2012.

Larry was a friend to all. He was an avid Alabama football fan who loved the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart, and strived to please Him in all he did and said. When you met him you always heard about both. He worked as a machinist and later as a locomotive engineer for CSX Railroad.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Evelyn "Blanche" McAllister White and father, Bert White, along with a sister, Vicki White.

Next to his heart, he leaves behind his wife, Barbie (Deroche) White; four sons, Taylor, Corey, Micah and Jonah; sister, Tammy and husband Harry Hardy; brother, Danny and wife Lori White; and many loved nieces, nephews and other family members and friends.

Larry's Celebration of Life service will be held on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at noon at the Arch L. Heady at Resthaven Chapel, 4400 Bardstown Road, with interment in Resthaven Memorial Park. Visitation will be on Wednesday from 2-8 p.m. and Thursday after 10 a.m. at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the family or Fellowship of Christian Athletes, "Larry B. White" Scholarship Fund, 400 Blankenbaker Parkway, Suite #301, Louisville, KY 40243