Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

rockmom

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB&G, that kid in the hospital was right! The pic Guru posted looks EXACTLY the way I would expect!

I know! I've seen it on Facebook a million times, but looking at it on here just makes me cry again.

I so wish that I had met Larry in person. I can't help but feel that the world is a little dimmer today without his presence, though Heaven must assuredly be brighter with him there.

Like TOG this one floored me. His family lost a good man who obviously loved them. I pray for "Mama."

I guarantee you he has a huge smile as he prepares to enter heaven.

Clyde, very classy of you to change your avatar to AL's.

And, after further reading, hats off to the rest of you who have done that.

Shocking news. One of those moments when we all self reflect. A loss for all of us but Larry has gone to the home he lived his life to ascend to. I never met him. I only knew him through BGP but in my contact with him on here it is so clear that he lived a great life. His life testimony is one that we all should aspire to - make sure that all those we touch are better off for having known us and thankful we had the opportunity.

RIP Larry.

Shocking news. One of those moments when we all self reflect. A loss for all of us but Larry has gone to the home he lived his life to ascend to. I never met him. I only knew him through BGP but in my contact with him on here it is so clear that he lived a great life. His life testimony is one that we all should aspire to - make sure that all those we touch are better off for having known us and thankful we had the opportunity.

RIP Larry.

VOR, your post nails it. Larry was a kind soul. He interacted with people in a positive way and never meant to harm a soul. Some people on here that hadn't known him for a while might take him wrong, but his intent was always good.

I, for one, do feel that I am a little bit of a better person for Larry's influence.

I didn't see this earlier and when I saw Birdsfan in church he told me the heartbreaking news. I was stunned. Larry was a Facebook and BGP friend, but sadly I never had the pleasure to actually meet him. Still, the kind and gentle soul he was, I felt like I knew him most of my life. My heart aches just thinking I'll never get to read another one of his posts, but as others have said, our loss is Heavens gain. God bless you Larry. You will be truly missed and I agree what was said earlier. BGP will never be the same with out him.

Rest in Peace, Larry.

Roll Tide.

I've briefly browsed around BGP today and only saw the heading 'Our friend Alabama Larry' and nothing else. I made the assumption that he had gotten called to God to lead a church or something of that nature and I planned to check out this thread when I had time to browse BGP for today's happenings. I had no idea that he indeed was called to God. I am shocked and floored by this as it was just yesterday we were talking on BGP about something. I have never met Larry and I assumed that I would eventually. Like others I didn't always agree with him but my sister is a Bama graduate so I did root for Bama with him. BGP has lost a good one. My deepest condolences to his Mama and his kids. I can only imagine the pain they feel. I do hope that I do have the opportunity to indeed meet Larry one day.

Roll Tide.....

I feel very fortunate to have had the pleasure of personally sharing thoughts about football and life in general with Larry at St. X. vs. Male ball games. He was a very well-versed, sincere individual, who loved to share his passion for God, family, and Male and Alabama football. Needless to say, I am shocked to hear of his untimely passing. My prayers go out to his family. BGP will never quite be the same without him. May the road rise up to meet you, Larry. :cool: