Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

Featured Replies

Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. BGP will miss a very active and passionate member but not nearly as much as his family. This is very sad news.

  • Replies 267
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blown away. We didn't always agree but I loved reading his posts. RIP Larry.

In honor of a man who loved Jesus...

 

2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

 

Revelation 21:4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

 

John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

 

 

Larry is in Heaven because of the sacrifice Jesus Christ paid for us all to pay for our sin debt. Larry, one day decided to receive what Jesus Christ did for us all. Larry put his faith, not in his own works, but in the finish work of Christ on the cross and asked Jesus to be His Lord and Savior. Because of that, Larry was reconciled with Christ and became a child of God. Therefore it is true for him as scripture says, "..to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord..."

 

I am sure Larry would once again, want us all know that what he received in Christ is available to us all if we have not received it already. He would point us to Christ and His word and challenge us to keep the faith! To those who have an ear to hear, let them hear. Jesus loves you!

 

Larry its an honor to preach your testimony on BGP. I know that you have not truly died. They may put your body in the ground, but the true you, your spirit, is alive and well in the heavenly celebration. I will meet you someday and join the eternal celebration around the throne of God.

Terrible news. He and I never agreed but it was always fun not doing so. P&R will not be the same. My thoughts and condolences to his family.

Very unfortunate news. May faith carry his family through this difficult time.

I am always interested to learn more about the folks behind the BGP screen. I know it may take time, but with he families blessing, could someone post a bio of Alabama Larry?

I am so sorry to hear this also , His Family is in our Prayers . I also enjoyed reading his post on BGP. RIP LARRY.

In honor of a man who loved Jesus...

 

2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

 

Revelation 21:4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

 

John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

 

 

Larry is in Heaven because of the sacrifice Jesus Christ paid for us all to pay for our sin debt. Larry, one day decided to receive what Jesus Christ did for us all. Larry put his faith, not in his own works, but in the finish work of Christ on the cross and asked Jesus to be His Lord and Savior. Because of that, Larry was reconciled with Christ and became a child of God. Therefore it is true for him as scripture says, "..to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord..."

 

I am sure Larry would once again, want us all know that what he received in Christ is available to us all if we have not received it already. He would point us to Christ and His word and challenge us to keep the faith! To those who have an ear to hear, let them hear. Jesus loves you!

 

Larry its an honor to preach your testimony on BGP. I know that you have not truly died. They may put your body in the ground, but the true you, your spirit, is alive and well in the heavenly celebration. I will meet you someday and join the eternal celebration around the throne of God.

 

 

Very well said!!

 

He will be missed, RIP AL.

Completely speechless...

 

My thoughts are with Larry's family, who it's obvious he loved more than I can express in words.

Such sad news, thoughts and prayers for his family. I enjoyed his insights.

 

Roll Tide and God Bless

WOW. I'm shocked.

 

AL and I butted heads from time to time and I'll miss that.

 

I pray that he is in the arms of the loving and caring God that he so passionately believed in and I hope that God will grant comfort to his family.

Sad news. RIP Alabama Larry.

So sudden. I'm shocked. RIP AL. Prayers out from the Capital City.

I was shocked to open BGP and see this. So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.