Our friend Alabama Larry has passed.

rockmom

Is it mine that hasn't posted yet? I can see where it has come out of my account but haven't seen an acknowledgement in here yet. I don't use paypal very often and I want to make sure I didn't mess up.

Not yours.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would but I operate strictly from my phone and my computer died a few weeks ago and when I try to load the logo as my avatar it says the file is too big to load from a website.

Man, how do you operate from a phone? If I tried it all my posts would look like "pfryet @#pfrto eu diompteou et mpfrie". Come to think of it that might be an improvement.

Roll Tide, Roll Larry.

With something like 3,000 members, BGP is quite the mix. We've got true believers and we've got atheists. We've got a whole raft of Roman Catholics; we've got Methodists, Baptists and Episcopalians. It wouldn't surprise me a whole heck of a lot to learn that we've got Druids and Wiccans.

We've got teachers and we've got students. We've got some liberals; we've got even more conservatives. We've got Rs, we've got Ds and even Libertarians. We've got accountants, lawyers, dentists and retirees. We've got cops and I guess that we've got a con or two.

We've got coaches, players and officials. We've got cake-eaters and crazies; Rocks and Tigers; Royals and even the occasional misguided but well-meaning Cardinal.

We've got a grade-schooler from northern Indiana, we've got a gal who masquerades as a guy; we've got pink shirt-wearers and we've got manly men who wouldn't wear maroon because it's dark pink in disguise.

And we were blessed to have Larry. A true BGP original.

After seeing how this assortment from all walks of life have come together to honor Larry's memory; I would like to misquote Winston Churchill.

"This was BGP's finest hour."

With something like 3,000 members, BGP is quite the mix. We've got true believers and we've got atheists. We've got a whole raft of Roman Catholics; we've got Methodists, Baptists and Episcopalians. It wouldn't surprise me a whole heck of a lot to learn that we've got Druids and Wiccans.

We've got teachers and we've got students. We've got some liberals; we've got even more conservatives. We've got Rs, we've got Ds and even Libertarians. We've got accountants, lawyers, dentists and retirees. We've got cops and I guess that we've got a con or two.

We've got coaches, players and officials. We've got cake-eaters and crazies; Rocks and Tigers; Royals and even the occasional misguided but well-meaning Cardinal.

We've got a grade-schooler from northern Indiana, we've got a gal who masquerades as a guy; we've got pink shirt-wearers and we've got manly men who wouldn't wear maroon because it's dark pink in disguise.

And we were blessed to have Larry. A true BGP original.

After seeing how this assortment from all walks of life have come together to honor Larry's memory; I would like to misquote Winston Churchill.

"This was BGP's finest hour."

Excellent! :thumb:

Never got angry on a post and stood to his beliefs. I will miss reading his scriptures and Christian views on many topics. He is one of the few no one could ever get mad at. I am deeply saddened for his family as he was a true inspiration and role model for them.

WOW I've been off BGP awhile. Finally got a new Mac. Shocked by the news. He was one guy I always loved reading because he was passionate in his conviction and beliefs. He stood by his values. Takes a lot of the burden off knowing he's with a God he loved so much and pretty cool he left this Earth a National Champ with arguably the best defense in history! Wonder if The Bear was there to great him with a big smile?

If somebody can change my avatar I'm in. Also shoot me a pm about what the fund is and where to send money. Love this community we have!

I have not been getting on the site lately in comparison to how I had been before and had no idea about this. Before even coming to the thread, I figured something was going on due to seeing many of the Tide avatars in other ones just before now. I did not know him personally and don't know really anyone else on here. Regardless, I am very sorry to hear about this. From what I saw in several of his posts on various topics, I could tell that he was truly passionate and held firm to his beliefs, which I greatly admired. Rest in peace.