If there was one BGPer who you could meet...

Zlatan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several years ago I had the opportunity to travel "up north" and spend some time with some pretty awesome BGPers. I knew to expect several specific members, and was certainly excited to meet them. Two members I didn't know were coming were great surprises. The first was Adopted Admiral, who had really been my first BGP "friend" and I had had lots of great football posts back and forth when his Ads annihilated, I mean played, by Raiders. :lol: Meeting Adopted Ad was like meeting someone that I had known for a long time.

Another member was later talking with Adopted Ad and I remember asking someone "who is that?" When that person replied, "That's Jim Schue," I was a little star struck. "No!!!! THE Jim Schue?" :lol: Then I knew why there was to be NO Eagles music played that day.

Leading my list of "BGPers to meet" are: Habib, mcpapa, nWo, woodsrider and gold sunrise.

When that person replied, "That's Jim Schue," I was a little star struck. "No!!!! THE Jim Schue?" :lol: Then I knew why there was to be NO Eagles music played that day.
Oh there was Eagles music played. There wasn't as much as there should've been -- but a lot more than Jim would've liked. :cool:

Most of you have Randy Parker on your list to meet. I've had the pleasure of knowing RP since around age 7 when we played knothole together. The friendship grew from there throughout the years and I'd have to say he's one of my better friends. I thought enough of the guy that he was the Best Man at my wedding. Hopefully, you all get to meet the guy- pretty knowledgeable on lots of topics, and always up for good conversation.

Most of you have Randy Parker on your list to meet. I've had the pleasure of knowing RP since around age 7 when we played knothole together. The friendship grew from there throughout the years and I'd have to say he's one of my better friends. I thought enough of the guy that he was the Best Man at my wedding. Hopefully, you all get to meet the guy- pretty knowledgeable on lots of topics, and always up for good conversation.

Appreciate that a lot, man!

Several years ago I had the opportunity to travel "up north" and spend some time with some pretty awesome BGPers. I knew to expect several specific members, and was certainly excited to meet them. Two members I didn't know were coming were great surprises. The first was Adopted Admiral, who had really been my first BGP "friend" and I had had lots of great football posts back and forth when his Ads annihilated, I mean played, by Raiders. :lol: Meeting Adopted Ad was like meeting someone that I had known for a long time.

Another member was later talking with Adopted Ad and I remember asking someone "who is that?" When that person replied, "That's Jim Schue," I was a little star struck. "No!!!! THE Jim Schue?" :lol: Then I knew why there was to be NO Eagles music played that day.

Leading my list of "BGPers to meet" are: Habib, mcpapa, nWo, woodsrider and gold sunrise.

"Star Struck?" As if I don't have a big enough melonhead. :lol:

You're far too kind -- the pleasure was all mine. :thumb:

Oh there was Eagles music played. There wasn't as much as there should've been -- but a lot more than Jim would've liked. :cool:

:lol: Maybe it was mor that there SHOULDN'T be any Eagles music...or maybe RTS said that there should ONLY be Eagles music played. My memory isn't great in my old age and that has been years ago.

:lol: Maybe it was mor that there SHOULDN'T be any Eagles music...or maybe RTS said that there should ONLY be Eagles music played. My memory isn't great in my old age and that has been years ago.
I want to do that again so bad...but so far, have failed to secure the required 2/3 majority. :cool:

I wouldn't mind doing an All Grain home brew with Adopted Admiral.

My system got upgraded slightly - 10 gallon batchs now! Yeah!!:ylsuper:

I've kind of gave up brewing for a while since Danville went full blown wet.:D

All grain can be difficult,but the end result can be great!:thumb:

Gosh, I can't think of anyone I wouldn't want to meet. I've had the great fortune to meet so many, and always looking forward to meeting more. I'm not exactly the most social person, though, so, my list seems to continue to grow longer and longer, but not nearly as many get crossed off.

I'm saddened, in particular, that Randy Parker is afraid to meet me. RTS has met me....and I didn't punch HIM! :D

Maybe I'm not as bad as my BGP reputation makes me out to be. :D