Stan Steidel killed in auto collision

Yes, sad but true, a Northern Ky legend and will be missed, I have had the good fortune of coaching at Holmes the last two,years and did pa for basketball many years, Stan has been so good to me and my family, he was so proud of the football team this year and making plans today to host the district game. Prayers for Stans family, I,will truly miss Coach Steidel as so many will.

Sad news.

He was the All A, it’s founder and biggest fan.

I first met him in 1990 when my school was playing in the first statewide All A tournament at Memorial Coliseum in Lexington. We had made it to the semifinals and was in a close game with Maysville and I was sitting next to Stan at the tables for newspaper and other media people located at one of the end zones. I was working for our county’s weekly newspaper and he noticed I couldn’t contain my excitement as we were winning the game, which would put us in the championship game. He was looking at me and laughing and said, “You’re certainly getting excited for a media guy.” I told him I couldn’t help it, our school had never been this far in anything like this. He smiled and said, “That’s what I like about this tournament.”

He was a super guy in all aspects. He will be missed.