Notre Dame 35 Louisville 17

hrcarrier

The Cards looked good at times, especially running the ball. Things got ugly after the first quarter but at least they continued fighting. I said that Notre Dame would win by seventeen, was off by one. The Irish better play better when on the road against Georgia, could get ugly if they don’t. I believe that Louisville has six wins in them. If they get to that, it’s a success in my opinion.

Minus the silly fumbles and dropped passes, there was A LOT I liked about tonight. It’s incredible the difference in the team. From the time I got in the stadium, they just seemed to be different from last season. It’s incredible what a difference a coaching staff can make.

If that’s the second best team Louisville sees this year, I feel good about seeing improvement this season.

Minus the silly fumbles and dropped passes, there was A LOT I liked about tonight. It’s incredible the difference in the team. From the time I got in the stadium, they just seemed to be different from last season. It’s incredible what a difference a coaching staff can make.

If that’s the second best team Louisville sees this year, I feel good about seeing improvement this season.

I watched the whole game and I agree.

Go Cards!

Lots of positives in that loss for Louisville.

Really liked DC Bryan Brown's scheme for last night. Kept his safeties covering deep and forced ND to earn it by running. Given Louisville's weaknesses and lack of depth at corner, it was a great plan and he put the secondary in a position to succeed and I think they did. He just didn't have the players to stop the run when forcing ND into it. That's the way it goes. We all knew there would be a significant disadvantage there.

On the other side, this was like night and day for the Louisville offensive line. I knew that Dwayne Ledford would be the kind of coach that position group hasn't had in a long time and WOW. Against a very talented ND front, they did a solid job opening holes for running backs. I can't think of how long it's been since a Louisville offensive line could say they were doing that. Some of that was attributable to the things Louisville was doing to try and confuse the defense, but Louisville got it's first 100-yard game out of a running back in FOUR YEARS last night (Javian Hawkins). Louisville hasn't had a 1,000-yard running back since Bilal Powell in 2010. Based on what I saw of how Satterfield wants the offense to work, I expect Hawkins or Hassan Hall could hit that mark.

On the other hand, the line struggled in pass protection and Pass looked rushed and unfocused in that respect for most of the game. A low snap by the Louisville center was responsible for two fumbles, including the one that set up ND for their go-ahead score right before halftime. Hit and miss for a rebuilding offensive line.

If Louisville can follow this up confidently in two games they're supposed to win (EKU and WKU), I'll like the direction things are headed going into ACC play in late September.

Unfortunately wasn’t able to make it work to make it to Louisville for the game last night, but I must say that atmosphere looked absolutely incredible. The stadium sounded louder than any other game I watched on TV this weekend. This is going to be a very interesting year for UL. Notre Dame is the second best team UL will see all year and like others have mentioned, without the silly mistakes Louisville is right in that game. I honestly didn’t expect Louisville to go bowling this year, but the improvement in game 1 of the Satterfield era is definite cause for excitement. The ACC is really weak so I think 6-7 wins is entirely possible for UL at this point and that game on November 30th just got a lot more interesting.

UL got recruits attention here, I think this game and the UK game, if they close well will set the tone going forward.

That may be the biggest thing that comes out of lasts night game. I’ll tell you this much: UC, UK, Sparty, Purdue, etc. basically all the teams recruiting the same group of guys, definitely didn’t enjoy seeing the scene in Louisville last night.