Los Angeles Angels announce pitcher Tyler Skaggs has died

Sorry to hear this news. Being a St. Louis Cardinals fan this reminds me of Darryl Kyle.

Didn’t the Cardinals have another pitcher die mid season? His name escapes me right now.

Not sure the Cardinals did, but I know the Angels had another one. I believe his name was Adenhart (sp?) and it was a car accident.

Yeah I remember that, and the Marlins had Jose Fernandez, and the Dodgers had Tim Crews die during a boating accident during spring training one year as well.

Josh Hancock in an automobile accident.

Thanks. He was a former Red as well. The Cardinals also had one of their top prospects (Oscar Taveras) die in the off season a few years back.

Here's a list put together by the LA Times, of players who died during their playing career.

Prominent Major League Baseball players who died during their careers - Los Angeles Times

It didn’t include the Reds catcher that killed himself in the stretch run of the 1940 season.

When Lombardi got hurt for the Series, coach Jimmie Wilson had to fill in for the Reds.

The findings of the autopsy report will be released Oct. 2, which is a couple of days after the end of the regular season. I'm thinking the cause was something that won't be portrayed in a good light and the team does not want it to be a distraction for the second half of the season.

The findings of the autopsy report will be released Oct. 2, which is a couple of days after the end of the regular season. I'm thinking the cause was something that won't be portrayed in a good light and the team does not want it to be a distraction for the second half of the season.

Especially if it’s something bad, it’ll leak before then. Too much technology for that stuff to work today.

Someone will tell someone else in confidence and that someone will become your anonymous source you read about in the paper once their pockets are lined enough.