Will Pittsburgh Fire Mike Tomlin?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguably the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL. Should have been fired years ago. Stepped into a situation with a HOF QB, multiple HOF players on defense, and got lucky by drafting another HOF in the 6th round. Hasn’t won a thing since those HOF players retired on defense. Dude is a bum.

Mike Tomlin is another Marvin Lewis and the Steelers are another Cincinnati Bengals.

Marvin had 6 losing seasons, Tomlin has 0.

Marvin has 0 playoff wins, Tomlin has 8 with a ring.

Bengals front office lifelong laughingstock of the NFL, Steelers at one point had drafted more Hall of Famers than any franchise.

Comparing Marvin and the Bengals to Tomlin and the Steelers isn't close...:lol2:

Marvin had 6 losing seasons, Tomlin has 0.

Marvin has 0 playoff wins, Tomlin has 8 with a ring.

Bengals front office lifelong laughingstock of the NFL, Steelers at one point had drafted more Hall of Famers than any franchise.

Comparing Marvin and the Bengals to Tomlin and the Steelers isn't close...:lol2:

I actually meant that the Bengals haven't fired Marvin instead gave him an extension. The Steelers haven't fired Tomlin and probably won't. Thus behind the meaning of Marvin and Mike. Bengals and Steelers saying that I said.

10-6

12-4

9-7

12-4

12-4

8-8

8-8

11-5

10-6

11-5

13-3

8-6-1

.659 overall winning %

12 seasons, 0 losing seasons

8 playoff appearances and 3 misses (not counting this year yet)

6 division titles

8-7 playoff record

3 AFC Championship games

2 SB appearances

1 Championship

No one outside of New England can match that track record. Pittsburgh does not change often. As mcpapa said, they have had a crazy season with strange calls and wild finishes and still will likely win 9 games and have an outside shot at the playoffs. I would be shocked if they fired him.

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner. Nobody does less with more than Mike Tomlin.

The guy has won 65% of his games, with 11 or more wins in half his seasons, won a Super Bowl, while playing in Conference with the biggest NFL dynasty in history his entire coaching career. Maybe you could argue he should have won another Super Bowl. But guys whos teams choke every year in big games like Andy Reid get called geniuses, while Tomlin gets criticized for not doing enough. I don’t get it.