BBN At It Again

TheDeuce

“Pac-12 referee Chris Coyte and his crew have been the target of threats and harassment by fans in the wake of a controversial decision to eject Kentucky running back Benny Snell from the Wildcats' 24-23 loss to Northwestern in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl on Dec. 29.

Coyte's decision to eject Snell for making contact with him was widely criticized after video replay showed minimal, inconsequential contact between the two following a play early in the second quarter. In an interview with a pool reporter after the game, Coyte reaffirmed the decision to eject Snell, and the Pac-12 later stood by the call.

In the days following the game, Coyte received a barrage of threatening calls to his cell and office phones, sources said, as did the commercial real estate association he belongs to.”

Music City Bowl referees got threatening calls after Kentucky's loss to Northwestern

I don't believe anything that referee says. He is a pathetic joke and I'd tell him that to his face.

That being said, if any fans (Kentucky or not) threatened him...I hope they get called out publicly and arrested. They are a joke too.

Should we even believe this?

This guy has a track record of not telling the truth as is evident after his interpretation of what happened to cause him to eject Benny Snell.

It sounded like he was not the only one receiving the threats though.

I'd like to think it wasn't true but sadly we've been down this road before.