Discussion of the 2017 All BluegrassPreps.com Girls Basketball Team

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Segan Robins make it as a junior. I'm a little biased but she would be my favorite for 2018 Miss Basketball! Great list, I was really impressed with Princess Stewart and Macey Turley in the sweet16 games against Mercer! Great job!

Good to see Segan Robins make it as a junior. I'm a little biased but she would be my favorite for 2018 Miss Basketball! Great list, I was really impressed with Princess Stewart and Macey Turley in the sweet16 games against Mercer! Great job!

I think the Ally Niece Miss Basketball machine has been in motion far too long to lose steam at this point.

I've been wrong before.

Kind of interesting not to see a player from the 10th Region on there, you have all of the good GRC players, as well as those from Scott, Campbell, and Mason. Thought O'Mara (10th Region POY) or Igo from GRC should've snuck in there somewhere, at least one of them.

Berger and Harbison should both be frontrunners in any Miss Basketball discussion for 2018.
Who is Harbison??

Berger is a good players, frontrunners in a Miss Basketball discussion, hardly. The 2 frontrunners for next year have both already been mentioned, Niece and Robins.

Who is Harbison??

Berger is a good players, frontrunners in a Miss Basketball discussion, hardly. The 2 frontrunners for next year have both already been mentioned, Niece and Robins.

Harbison is the reigning 7th Region Player of the Year and starting point guard for Male. I have no idea who Robins is but saw Niece play last year. She's definitely a fine player, but I find it hard to believe she is the frontrunner for Miss Basketball. Maybe she is given the "machine" that was mentioned, and I have seen stranger things given the politics in this state.

I don't pull for anyone in the state (besides the Bearettes).....I have seen all of the kids above play on multiple occasions. In my humble, unasked for, opinion Robins is the best player in that group at this point and there is a pretty good gap to second.

Top kids in 2018 are: Mykasa Robinson, Grace Berger, Seygan Robins, Blair Green, Ally Niece.

Robinson just de-committed from Colorado, Berger is going to Indiana, Robins to Lousiville, Green to UK and Niece to NKU. Robinson has Notre Dame, UCONN, Louisville, UK, Maryland, Ohio St etc to pick from. Harbinson is the PG from Male who is committed to St Louis. She has a shot at being really really good. The 2018 Class is one of the most loaded ever in Kentucky.

I like Robins and Robinson. I haven't seen Green play, so I can't really include her in my comments. But in my opinion, it should be a two girl race. The others are very nice players, but I see more gaps in their game than I do the other two.

Saw Robins TOO MUCH with Wess Jess in the same district. She is talented with a lot of skills. Great floor sense, good handle with size/length, natural athletic ability and quick reaction and instincts. Only weakness may be a little foot speed.

if you have never seen robins play then you probably don't have a valid opinion.

I have an incredibly valid opinion as I said straight out that I had not seen Robins play, but quite frankly, if you have not seen Harbison play and do not know who she is (as the original responder to me said) then YOU DON'T HAVE A VALID OPIONION!

I have heard from many people how good Robins is but I have not seen her play which is why I said what a reasonable person would say.

However, I have seen the SK girl and if she is a frontrunner for Miss basketball then that contest is a joke! She is a nice player, probably a second or 3rd team all state player but Miss Basketball? No flipping way and I don't have a dog in this fight!