Everything posted by Blake1978j
-
12th Region Draw
I’m pulling for the Titans to make it 4 out of 5! This one would get them to Rupp, which the other 3 did not. NKU was a very good host, but nothing like Rupp for these kids to work for. Good luck/health to all teams, in what should be a great tournament!
-
Martin County 56 Paintsville 41 (57th District Championship)
Cards playing some good ball, at the ideal time of year. The lumps they took early, would seem to me to have paid off! Good luck both teams in regionals!
-
Region 12
I think it’s just as likely Mercer sweeps these last three, as it is that they go winless. Still only the the Rock loss within the region for Mercer, is solid. Even if Casey and SW both get them here at the end of the season, it’s a good year!
-
Region 12
Region 12 has been and looks to continue to be one of the best girls basketball regions in the state. The region represents well in the sweet 16 with their team playing for a title in each of the last 3 years, winning two. Whoever comes out will be battle tested and poised to make another deep run!
-
Mercer County Safety Kaelin Drakeford
Will he be a safety or wide receiver? I think his skills are pretty equal at both positions.
-
12th Region Week 3 Review
I wonder if the junior, Baughman, can take on more of the point minutes, when the ISO’s are not working? I’ve not seen the kid play since middle school, but he used to be pretty good at getting things under control and efficiently executing the offense.
-
West Jessamine 67 Danville 49
What is going on with Danville? I thought they would near the top of the 12th, but so far they appear to be maybe middle of the pack?
-
Frederick Douglass 77 Woodford County 73
Look for Woodford to make waves in the 8th this year.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Review Week 1
About half of Mercer’s team played football, maybe more than half. Off the top of my head; Drakeford, Lewis, Yeast, Warren, Dunn, Walton, Caton. I may have missed one or two, but either way, that’s a lot!
-
Johnson Central 21 Boyle County 20 (Class 4A State Championship)
Jaxon Smith can make a 48 yard field goal. He’s proven that when he was in the 8th grade. Curious why he wasn’t called on to try and win it?
-
Class 6A Semifinal: Tates Creek at #1 Male Predictions/Updates
Couldn’t help myself. There were 19 votes for Male, which means my vote for Tates Creek put them at 5%. As stated above!
-
Class 3A Playoffs: #2 DeSales vs. #7 Christian Academy-Louisville Predictions/Updates
CAL 35, DeSales 21
-
Who should finish ranked #1 in 3A?
I would predict that whichever team comes out of the DeSales/CAL/Mercer county district, will win the class 3A championship. IMO this is the toughest district in the state, regardless of class. I would probably still have DeSales at the top, to answer the question posed by the treads creator, but couldn’t blame anyone for putting Belfry, or Ashland or Bell there, after last weeks performance by DeSales. Going to be an exciting playoff!
-
3A #5 Mercer County vs. 5A West Jessamine County Predictions/Updates
Collins handled West pretty easily this past Friday and as, most know, Collins is rebuilding a bit and not the team they’ve been in recent years. That being said, I would think a running clock by halftime, is pretty likely. 63-7, is my prediction.
-
3A #1 DeSales at 3A #5 Mercer County Predictions/Updates
7:54
-
3A #1 DeSales at 3A #5 Mercer County Predictions/Updates
If Mercer can have some success throwing the ball, I think they win. My prediction is 35-28 Mercer, unless it’s pouring rain. In which case I’d expect something like a 21-14 final. Very big opportunity for Mercer to validate their ranking, and I believe they will!
-
4A #6 Wayne County at 4A #5 Corbin Predictions/Updates
I agree with you completely, but would add DeSales at Mercer as another huge game this week. In this one, I’m with @Rebelstat again in picking Wayne in a close one, 31-28.
-
Mercer County 50 Henry County 7
Final per Harrodsburg Herald.
-
4A #1 Boyle County at 4A Anderson County Predictions/Updates
I think most folks you talk to that are close to the team, feel this right here is the reason for so much turmoil. They do still have some top talent, but probably not enough to keep up with Boyle.
-
3A #5 Mercer County at Henry County Predictions/Updates
I know zero about Henry County but if you base a prediction on results, I would think Mercer would probably be considered a heavy favorite. I’ll say 56-14 Titans.
-
4A #1 Boyle County at 4A Anderson County Predictions/Updates
Boyle will score early and often. 52-14, Rebels.
-
Mercer County 44 Western Hills 6
Mercer was a little sluggish out of the gate, but obviously played good enough to hold the Wolverines at bay. I believe this game will give Mercer’s coaching staff some good film to keep the bar moving up!
-
3A #7 Mercer County vs. Western Hills Predictions/Updates
56-14, Mercer. Reserves get a lot of run.
-
3A Notebook: Homecoming Week
I look forward to this report every week! You never disappoint @gchs_uk9!
-
Mercer County 45 Christian Academy of Louisville 42
This right here, is more important to me than the huge win against a really great team! Thank you for bringing this to light. Very proud to be a Titan!! High character is very important and is drilled into these young men by all the coaches, but it starts at the top and we are blessed to have a great Christian man, filling that role. Add to that, our AD is an assistant and is a minister too, along with his former player son who serves as chaplain for our team. I hope these guys all see this, to encourage them that much more to keep doing what their doing! @ChiefSmoke you should be very proud of the impact your leadership is making in our young me! Thank you!!