3A #1 DeSales at 3A #5 Mercer County Predictions/Updates

zebraman

Who Wins?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

The 3A game of the week for week 9 is in Mercer County. 7-1 Mercer will do battle with 6-2 Desales. This has the makings of a classic. The winner will get to enjoy a few extra weeks of their own locker room come playoffs. Who wins?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ.jpg

If you have never been to Alvis Johnson Stadium, this is the game to attend. We have new bleachers and lighting. We have a tailgate section that goes all the way up and down the visitors sideline. The bermuda surface is thick and has turned brown due to frost.... it looks really good. Our field crew does a great job painting the field. We play at old Harrodsburg HS and are very proud of our facility. It is nice and has a lot of tradition for our small town. Our community loves our kids and HS football. It is very important here.

DeSales has an outstanding football team. We have a bunch of respect for Coach Harold Davis, Coach Ty Scroggins, their staff and players.

Our kids and assistants have worked their tails off to put our team in this position. I am very proud of them.

GPS: Pioneer Way, Harrodsburg, KY.

Hope to see many of the Bluegrass Preps faithful in attendance!

Am old pal of mine said you guys look aweful good, should be a battle. And thanks Chiefsmoke, so kind of you to post the above articile. Harrodsburg is full charm and friendly folks in my opinion. The wife & I are planning to come down early afternoon, whats the best place for a late lunch ?

Am old pal of mine said you guys look aweful good, should be a battle. And thanks Chiefsmoke, so kind of you to post the above articile. Harrodsburg is full charm and friendly folks in my opinion. The wife & I are planning to come down early afternoon, whats the best place for a late lunch ?

Travel down the road to Danville. Not much in Harrodsburg to eat at all. The only place I would recommend is The Beaumont Inn but that place is kind of snazzy. I’d go down the road to Danville. They have way more options.

PP92 is right if you want chain restaurants such as Applebees and that type of thing Harrodsburg doesn't have any. Harrodsburg does have great local places that you can't find in Danville such as Kentucky Fudge Company on Main Street downtown Harrodsburg, Old Owl Tavern (within Beaumont Inn) and Shakertown. Shakertown if you have some time to kill before the game. When I travel to a new town I would rather eat a unique local place rather than a chain if I have the choice but that's just me.

PP92 is right if you want chain restaurants such as Applebees and that type of thing Harrodsburg doesn't have any. Harrodsburg does have great local places that you can't find in Danville such as Kentucky Fudge Company on Main Street downtown Harrodsburg, Old Owl Tavern (within Beaumont Inn) and Shakertown. Shakertown if you have some time to kill before the game. When I travel to a new town I would rather eat a unique local place rather than a chain if I have the choice but that's just me.

I like Owl Tavern.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I've read up on the the Old Owl Taveran and the Kentucky Fudge. Probably either of those 2 are in the running. The Stadium looks sharp. Thanks for responses.

You can't go wrong with either one of those choices. Granny's Restaurant is always good if you like country cooking. Olde Bus Station is pretty good as well.