zebraman

Who Wins?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone reason this matchup does not look good to me for Mercer County. Maybe I just haven't heard about it, but I don't remember much about Mercer throwing the ball. If you don't throw, Desales turns you into a PT. Maybe someone can correct me, but right now, I see kind of a 42-21 thing going on.

Don't know much about DeSales but if they are a running team I believe that will have a little trouble running on Mercer. Mercer has had a good run stopping defense but have had a little time stopping the pass. I'm pulling for Coach B and Titans and going to go with them in a upset.

Mercer 24

DeSales 21

This game could well be a barn-burner!! Both teams are capable of breaking for long runs & both teams are very well coached. I think it's going to be a close one. The Colts really need to cut down on mistakes and penalties & play good defense against a solid stable of running backs (and the QB is a very good runner too). With the top seed in the playoffs at stake, you can be sure that both teams will be fired up for this one. Both teams have big beefy linemen so control of the line of scrimmage will be crucial. I still believe in the Colts, but this is going to be a tough one!!

If Mercer can have some success throwing the ball, I think they win. My prediction is 35-28 Mercer, unless it’s pouring rain. In which case I’d expect something like a 21-14 final. Very big opportunity for Mercer to validate their ranking, and I believe they will!