Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A Playoffs: #2 DeSales vs. #7 Christian Academy-Louisville Predictions/Updates

Who Wins? 40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • DeSales
      52%
    • Christian Academy of Louisville
      47%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Two Louisville powers that were consistent threats in Class 2A look to take a huge step toward a 3A state championship on Friday. DeSales coasted past Western Hills while Christian Academy of Louisville avenged an earlier loss by winning their playoff opener at Mercer County. CAL's revenge tour will continue at DeSales, who beat the Centurions in double overtime on October 11. These games are always close. Will it be another instant classic? Who comes out on top?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would like for CAL to win I’m going Desales 33-17.

I like how we’re playing right now. Our guys want this one pretty bad after the double OT loss. 27-21 CAL.

I like a lot of regular season losers in the playoff rematch this week. Bardstown, Taylor County, Russell, CAL.

These are some really games, but I’ll go with DeSales.

Who ever wins should look at a possible title run. CAL is firing on cylinders. Colts are tuff as ever. Should be a classic.

The DeSales loss to Meade County keeps sticking out to me. Christian Academy appears to be on the improve. I think Christian Academy turns the tables in this one.

I think that the Meade County loss was a wake up call for the Colts. I believe the coaches will get them well prepared for this game & they will pull out a victory in a tight game. I'm going to guess a high scoring game with both teams scoring in the 30s. Colts by 3.

It like Christmas.... Friday can not come quick enough! The one thing I see is CAL is as healthy as it has been all year. Also against Mercer they ran a new form of offense that proved very efficient, scoring on first 5 possessions. The defense as mentioned is healthy and looked very good. Some adjustments this week and I expect the same. What I like is the respect they all have for each other, yes no love lost but respecting the talent is clear. Lets hope for a clean and healthy game for both. My pick is CAL 27 DeSales 20.

It like Christmas.... Friday can not come quick enough! The one thing I see is CAL is as healthy as it has been all year. Also against Mercer they ran a new form of offense that proved very efficient, scoring on first 5 possessions. The defense as mentioned is healthy and looked very good. Some adjustments this week and I expect the same. What I like is the respect they all have for each other, yes no love lost but respecting the talent is clear. Lets hope for a clean and healthy game for both. My pick is CAL 27 DeSales 20.

 

Welcome to BGP @King9979 and great first post!

They were healthy last time we played. We had them down 21-0. No excuse for letting them back in it. Not typical for a DeSales team.

Game is at DeSales and these kids remember watching CAL celebrate on our field.

It was surprising losing to Meade County, but that loss might end up being the best thing for this team.

They were not healthy nor in game shape as couple was first game back. Regardless Cal will come to play. This is the last game in this rivalry for these seniors and I am sure not one of them on either team want to lose. We will see the best efforts lets enjoy! Thankful its not tonight in this weather!

Glasgow was in the opposite district of these two in the region when all three in 2A so I kept up with the games between these two and it seems like the majority of the time whoever won the regular season game lost the playoff game not saying it will happen just saying it has happened a lot.

Good observation, in fact it has been 5 out of the last 7 years. Lets make it 6 of 8!!!

When you consider how the first game played out - double OT, nearly even in yardage - and the fact that it's a huge rivalry, I can't imagine this won't be a classic. When the teams appear this evenly matched, you've got to look at turnovers and special teams/hidden yardage as possible big factors in the outcome.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.