2015-16 9th Region

All right Northern Kentucky BGPers, tell us what the 9th Region is going to look like next season. Who are the top teams & players? Is CovCath the favorite or someone else? Is CVH the top player? Weyer? Snapp? McNeil?

Let's hear it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say CVH is the top dog based on his experiences. Snapp likely to be top scorer. I'm wondering if CCH/Newport are scheduled to play?

There's going to be new talent showing through. Looking forward to it. I hope they will be as compelling as past few years with Beetle, McD, Schuh, Hatton, etc.

Was VERY impressed with Goetz from St. Henry in regional tournament. Hard to see him not in the top 5 players this season.

All 5 , including Goetz, will be strong players next year. It's always fun to see how they develop from year to year. We saw it a bit with McNeil from his frosh to soph year. His body changed. His game got more aggressive.

Don't forget McClendon from Holmes. Another one to watch to see how his game changes since he will take over the scoring focus for the Dogs. Talented player.

McNeil is hands down the best player in the 9th, and second isn't even close. Very underrated player, but I look for that to change this year. He has all the tools. Lights out jump shot. Good size 6-3 or taller, strong kid. Rebounds well. Can play above the rim. Extremely high basketball IQ. Great court vision, and decision making. Doesn't force anything, lets the game come to him. Very unselfish player who makes his teammates better whenever he is on the floor. Always working hard, and has a great attitude. Anyone who has coached him, or played with him knows how good this kid is.

McNeil is hands down the best player in the 9th, and second isn't even close. Very underrated player, but I look for that to change this year. He has all the tools. Lights out jump shot. Good size 6-3 or taller, strong kid. Rebounds well. Can play above the rim. Extremely high basketball IQ. Great court vision, and decision making. Doesn't force anything, lets the game come to him. Very unselfish player who makes his teammates better whenever he is on the floor. Always working hard, and has a great attitude. Anyone who has coached him, or played with him knows how good this kid is.

Love you enthusiasm for McNeil. Very good player, but CVH and Snapp are better IMO.

Any schools in touch with the McNeil kid yet?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I totally respect that. But could you please enlighten me why you feel that way? If you don't want to elaborate I will respect that also. I don't believe either one of those players are stronger than McNeil at any form of their game. I like them both (CVH & Snapp), and they are good players. Neither could stop McNeil. I just don't see anything they do, at any aspect of their game that is better than Sean McNeil.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I totally respect that. But could you please enlighten me why you feel that way? If you don't want to elaborate I will respect that also. I don't believe either one of those players are stronger than McNeil at any form of their game. I like them both (CVH & Snapp), and they are good players. Neither could stop McNeil. I just don't see anything they do, at any aspect of their game that is better than Sean McNeil.

As the one who posted last year that Sean is the best shooter in NKY (and it's not close) AND by the end of the year he was a top player in the 9th it's obvious I am a big fan.

HOWEVA.... the problem with your stance is the "and it's not close." It's really close. It's a matter of what you like and sometimes it's an intangible.

I could make a case for Weyer.

I could make a case for CVH.

I could make a case for Sean.

If I see him more I MIGHT make a case for Snapp.

CVH guards better than Sean.

CVH first step is better than Sean.

CVH finishing at the rim is better than Sean.

CVH pull-up J is better than Sean.

Sean's size and versatility are better than CVH.

Stroke is way better from deep.

Both have really good b-ball IQ and do NOT force action.

Weyer can score from 3 and score with his back to the basket. His length is tough to deal with. He is a stalwart defensively inside. He runs the floor GREAT. He finishes strong.

Again, it's a toss up.

Sean's stroke is better from 3