2015-16 9th Region

Love you enthusiasm for McNeil. Very good player, but CVH and Snapp are better IMO.

I have to disagree with that. CVH and Snapp are excellent players, but McNeil I think is right there right now. He was outstanding as a Frosh and 10 times better as a Sophomore when he grew even more. Deadly outside shot, great rebounder, non stop energy and great ball handler and defender. The kid has it all. McNeil didn't get a lot of publicity before the season started last year even though many top 10 lists didn't have him listed. He finished among the top of all lists just as a Soph. I see this being his year and next year the sky is the limit.

If I were forced to pick I think it's McNeil and CVH 1 and 1a or you could flip the two...either way you have the 2 best players period.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really want to leave Weyer out of that conversation? Kid gets it done at both ends and can take you to the hole from the post or step out and stick a 3 pointer in your eye.

Weyer SHOULD be the most dominant player in the region. Simply no other "big" to match up with him this year with his ability to score inside and out. Does need to work on his ball handling some but definitely in the conversation for best player in the region.

The fact that Weyer, McNeil, and CVH all play different positions and bring different skill sets to the game make it difficult to tab one as "best in the region." You could list any of the three at #1 and probably make a really good argument for why.

They all have different supporting casts, but each are clear cut MVPs of their respective teams. I guess we can watch the season unfold and the one who leads his team to Rupp can claim the unofficial title of #1 player in the region. It is truly a toss up because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

They all have different supporting casts, but each are clear cut MVPs of their respective teams. I guess we can watch the season unfold and the one who leads his team to Rupp can claim the unofficial title of #1 player in the region. It is truly a toss up because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would never use the title as a basis for best player.

I would never use the title as a basis for best player.

True, but best player is so broad that you can use anything to justify bestowing it on either of these three. Is it best HS player? Or is it best college prospect? Best in a game of 1 on 1? Is it who scores the most or who is the most complete player? If you base it on leading their team to a championship I just view that as a tiebreaker because each will have their camp of supporters when the season is over that they were the best of the region. MVPs are not always from the championship team, but it sure doesn't hurt your cause in the voting.

True, but best player is so broad that you can use anything to justify bestowing it on either of these three. Is it best HS player? Or is it best college prospect? Best in a game of 1 on 1? Is it who scores the most or who is the most complete player? If you base it on leading their team to a championship I just view that as a tiebreaker because each will have their camp of supporters when the season is over that they were the best of the region. MVPs are not always from the championship team, but it sure doesn't hurt your cause in the voting.

My buddy and I often debate "best looking females" or "hot women." We have different tastes to say the least. Same thing here on "best" as you accurately point out.

My way of figuring out best would be which one would you want on your team if you had first pick.

Not sure of that answer which makes this year's debate fun. I can come with arguments for Ben, CVH, and Sean.