Sean Miller heard on wiretap about paying players

Sean Miller was heard on wiretap about paying players including 10,000 a month to DeAndre Ayton. Former Arizona assistant Emmanuel Richardson was also heard saying that Dean Miller was paying or had promised to pay DeAndre Ayton.

If he, himself, is heard on tape talking about that...Arizona needs to let him go this minute. When it was Richardson on tape, and argument could be made. Not now.

Taxes would be Ayton's, right? He's the one that got paid.

I am not an accountant but whoever is giving him the money has to document it to the IRS and anyone involved in the process has to be guilty of multiple felonies.

And let's face it everyone, in these cases the head basketball coach is the ultimate authority deciding who gets how much money.

I am not an accountant but whoever is giving him the money has to document it to the IRS and anyone involved in the process has to be guilty of multiple felonies.

And let's face it everyone, in these cases the head basketball coach is the ultimate authority deciding who gets how much money.

I know almost nothing about the prosecution of tax fraud or evasion cases.

If he's neither the payor nor the payee of any illicit transfer, can he be prosecuted for such? If he's the one directing payments between the other two parties, can he be indicted for conspiracy?

I know almost nothing about the prosecution of tax fraud or evasion cases.

If he's neither the payor nor the payee of any illicit transfer, can he be prosecuted for such? If he's the one directing payments between the other two parties, can he be indicted for conspiracy?

In my experience the Feds have a gazillion things they can charge you with.

But to use your words, it definitely is a criminal conspiracy to commit federal tax evasion, and win some basketball games. :)

The start of this entire investigation was a slippery slope. Truthfully; I don't really want to know what goes on behind those closed doors. I'm sure we all know that something goes on, and if you don't think it happens at your school well then I don't know what to say. But sports is a release and escape for the most part. To me, it's entertainment and I'm still gonna watch regardless of who is paying.

Miller is slimy as all get out. Somehow Arizona continues to turn a blind eye towards his actions even though he’s not good enough to lead them to a Final Four.

Dude should’ve been fired long ago.

I am flat out amazed that Sean Miller has not been canned from Arizona. He must have pics of the Arizona president doing inappropriate things with kids or animals. That is the only thing I can think.

How does Arizona not get the death penalty or at least a 5-year tournament ban from this?

After the new meaning to the once impeccable phrase .."the North Carolina Way", how does anyone ever get surprised by any NCAA action/inaction?

After the new meaning to the once impeccable phrase .."the North Carolina Way", how does anyone ever get surprised by any NCAA action/inaction?

I think between the UNC case and the UL case most have learned how to handle these types of situations.

Lawyer up, and make the NCAA prove you were in the wrong then dare them to punish you.

I honestly love the predicament this mess has put the NCAA in.

And for schools like Auburn, UL, Kansas and Arizona who have already been mentioned, I’d be loving it too. This is a more the merrier situation.