Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bamaboy89

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bamaboy89

  1. I had no idea the kids at Central didn’t want to play for their Coach. Wow. I thought they liked him.
  2. JH’s success is predicated on pressuring the ball and creating turnovers. E’town has really good guard play and most importantly they attack after breaking the press. There is great familiarity between the kids and coaching staffs, so there is no element of surprise. If I’m not mistaken, McCurry played for Haire at Etown. It has always been difficult for JH to win at Etown, I’m not suggesting cheating or anything, it’s a difficult place for them to play. Most home teams tend to get a better whistle. This was JH’s 5th game in 8 days. I think the region goes through these 2 teams still.
  3. Are you referring to Bowen or the championship?
  4. Bowen was next level when he left. He could flat out play; don't know what he's like now but when he left he was a baller. This will be scary for the state.
  5. I automatically thought that we all assumed this. JH was never head and shoulders above the state, they were just undefeated. I don't want to shower on Etown's parade because they deserve alot of credit for the win; but I just don't see this as this huge upset. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with this rivalry.
  6. You’re from Hardin County I assume, so you know this is not an upset; nonetheless it is a great win for the kids at Etown.
  7. If you’re a John Hardin fan you already know this, but for those not familiar with this rivalry; this is no upset. It is very difficult to win at that gym for various reasons. Always has been for JH. Good win Etown.
  8. Love it. Lots of basketball to be played though. Good luck to all. That Etown and JH game coming up is gonna be massive.
  9. They are different from years past. They have a deeper bench, and their defense is relentless. Good win Dawgs
  10. He doesn’t know yet. But you’re right great kid.
  11. Are they the number 2 team? I don't know that, I haven't seen all the top teams play. I don't think so. I do think right now they are getting the wait and see look in some part due to their last two performances at Rupp. if we're being honest; who do we know is a really good team at this point in the season?
  12. in fairness, they can only play the teams that are on their schedule. I think it's more of an indictment on the talent and teams across the state. The Moore team that they played yesterday looked like a really good JV team. With that being said, they are a very good defensive team. They are going to pressure the ball. They have athletes and they attack the rim. I don't know if they shoot it well as a team but they are ok at it right now. Bottom line is you better have a dude that is willing to fight and scrap with Matthews and Harris all night. They are bullies and they play hard the entire game.
  13. I have no idea what the top teams in the state look like. But I know John Hardin looks really good.
  14. I would love to see John Hardin. I don't know what happened between KOB and JH, but man between Pearson and Matthews; you would hope that they could at least sniff the field one of those years. Always a good tourney so can't complain that much.
  15. John Hardin's to win again. At some point Coach McCurry is gonna have to get the respect he deserves. Look for a huge year from Matthews, Harris, and Murrell.
  16. He was the best player in the class of 18' IMO. Grades always held him back. Scrubb is a potential pro player (maybe not NBA but definitely overseas).
  17. Mickey indeed committed to TCU. Congrats to him for chasing his dream. Good luck in the Big 12.
  18. My few years in the state of Kentucky has shown me that high school basketball does not embrace/welcome change very often.
  19. To me, it's the worst play in basketball. I will never understand how this is even allowed in the game. My son's wrist still bothers him from time to time from a kid sliding under him while he was in the air. The saddest part is that most of the time a kid is rewarded by getting the charge call.
  20. David's game is solid. If you need him to score; he can score. What he does best is make everyone around him better. If you've watched him play, quickly you will see that he is the best player on the court, always in control.
  21. That’s not a foul from that angle. Looks like Jolly didn’t get any lift on the shot attempt.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.