Everything posted by bamaboy89
-
5th Region Week 7 Review
I had no idea the kids at Central didn’t want to play for their Coach. Wow. I thought they liked him.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
JH’s success is predicated on pressuring the ball and creating turnovers. E’town has really good guard play and most importantly they attack after breaking the press. There is great familiarity between the kids and coaching staffs, so there is no element of surprise. If I’m not mistaken, McCurry played for Haire at Etown. It has always been difficult for JH to win at Etown, I’m not suggesting cheating or anything, it’s a difficult place for them to play. Most home teams tend to get a better whistle. This was JH’s 5th game in 8 days. I think the region goes through these 2 teams still.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
Playing at home.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
Are you referring to Bowen or the championship?
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
Bowen was next level when he left. He could flat out play; don't know what he's like now but when he left he was a baller. This will be scary for the state.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
I automatically thought that we all assumed this. JH was never head and shoulders above the state, they were just undefeated. I don't want to shower on Etown's parade because they deserve alot of credit for the win; but I just don't see this as this huge upset. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with this rivalry.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
You’re from Hardin County I assume, so you know this is not an upset; nonetheless it is a great win for the kids at Etown.
-
Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74
If you’re a John Hardin fan you already know this, but for those not familiar with this rivalry; this is no upset. It is very difficult to win at that gym for various reasons. Always has been for JH. Good win Etown.
-
John Hardin vs. Elizabethtown Predictions/Updates
John wins BIG.
-
Kentucky AP Basketball Poll (01-06-19)
Love it. Lots of basketball to be played though. Good luck to all. That Etown and JH game coming up is gonna be massive.
-
John Hardin 72 Madisonville-North Hopkins 58
They are different from years past. They have a deeper bench, and their defense is relentless. Good win Dawgs
-
John Hardin 72 Madisonville-North Hopkins 58
He doesn’t know yet. But you’re right great kid.
-
John Hardin/Madisonville-North Hopkins Predicitions/Updates
Not being funny but which 3?
-
John Hardin/Madisonville-North Hopkins Predicitions/Updates
Are they the number 2 team? I don't know that, I haven't seen all the top teams play. I don't think so. I do think right now they are getting the wait and see look in some part due to their last two performances at Rupp. if we're being honest; who do we know is a really good team at this point in the season?
-
John Hardin/Madisonville-North Hopkins Predicitions/Updates
in fairness, they can only play the teams that are on their schedule. I think it's more of an indictment on the talent and teams across the state. The Moore team that they played yesterday looked like a really good JV team. With that being said, they are a very good defensive team. They are going to pressure the ball. They have athletes and they attack the rim. I don't know if they shoot it well as a team but they are ok at it right now. Bottom line is you better have a dude that is willing to fight and scrap with Matthews and Harris all night. They are bullies and they play hard the entire game.
-
John Hardin 82 Central Hardin 40
I have no idea what the top teams in the state look like. But I know John Hardin looks really good.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 5th Region Week 1 Review
John Hardin for the 3 peat.....facts.
-
2019 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
I would love to see John Hardin. I don't know what happened between KOB and JH, but man between Pearson and Matthews; you would hope that they could at least sniff the field one of those years. Always a good tourney so can't complain that much.
-
5th Region 2019-20
John Hardin's to win again. At some point Coach McCurry is gonna have to get the respect he deserves. Look for a huge year from Matthews, Harris, and Murrell.
-
Jay Scrubb signs with Illinois junior college
He was the best player in the class of 18' IMO. Grades always held him back. Scrubb is a potential pro player (maybe not NBA but definitely overseas).
-
John Hardin's Mickey Pearson commits to the Saint Louis Billikens
Mickey indeed committed to TCU. Congrats to him for chasing his dream. Good luck in the Big 12.
-
Shot Clock
My few years in the state of Kentucky has shown me that high school basketball does not embrace/welcome change very often.
-
Shot Clock
To me, it's the worst play in basketball. I will never understand how this is even allowed in the game. My son's wrist still bothers him from time to time from a kid sliding under him while he was in the air. The saddest part is that most of the time a kid is rewarded by getting the charge call.
-
David Johnson Named Sweet Sixteen MVP
David's game is solid. If you need him to score; he can score. What he does best is make everyone around him better. If you've watched him play, quickly you will see that he is the best player on the court, always in control.
-
Trinity 42 Campbell County 40 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Semifinals)
That’s not a foul from that angle. Looks like Jolly didn’t get any lift on the shot attempt.