Dayton 19 Ludlow 14

futurecoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1996 with jason Skirvin and company I think. They shold have beat the Beechies that year, if the QB keeps it on the goaline he scores, he threw it and it was over.

Don't remind me...

One of the best games I have ever witnessed.

Congrats to Coach Deaton and the Greendevils!

This game comes down to misopportunities for both teams...Both teams very easily could have pulled away in this one..Dayton had 3 turnovers in the first half and Ludlow was not able to do anything with them and could have gotten a nice lead, and the credit goes to the Dayton defense on that for stopping them. Then with the Dayton defense playing so well, Dayton could had very well had a nice lead to if their offense could have taken advantage of their defense playing so well...Daytons offense though did take advantage of two Ludlow interceptions. The first one they brought back to the 4 to set up their first touchdown, and the second one they brought back to the 20 to set up the go ahead touchdown..This sounds like the kind of wins Dayton has got all year, and that is with good defense getting some turnovers, and the offense even though they dont do to much, are able to take advantage when the defense gives them short field...

Dayton had a great game plan on defense in this one. They seemed to drop everyone back, and only counted on their line to put pressure on Jarrett, and they were able to do that sometimes. It was a very good scheme because it limited Ludlows passing lanes with so many Dayton guys in coverage...Ludlow I believe adjusted a little to late to that defense IMO, because Ludlow came out very pass happy in this game and should have ran the ball more early. I know me and my friend were talking on the phone while watching it online and that is what we told each other. We saw Dayton was dropping back alot of people on the pass. However after those Dayton turnovers Ludlow kept still trying to pass the ball, instead of running it. Ludlow finally in the 2nd quarter decided to start running the ball, and they started to move the ball pretty successfully, and set up their first touchdown. I believe if Ludlow would have tried to run the ball more after those turnovers we might have been able to come away with some points, and had the momentum on Ludlow side. But they kept trying to pass and that is a hard thing to do on Daytons defense when they have everyone back except their D-line. So I think Ludlow definitely didn't adjust to that quick enough...Ludlow defense which has been the weak spot on the team, actually played really good tonight. Both teams defenses played very good, and didn't have much help from the offenses, which had alot to do with just how well each defense played...

Once again it was a great game, and a very fun game to watch. And once again congrats to Dayton. And to Ludlow keep your heads up high guys, you played hard and just came out a little short. All three of you Ludlow, Dayton and Bellevue are evenly matched teams, and its been fun watching these games. Good luck to both Bellevue and Dayton when they see each other in the playoffs, and good luck Ludlow when get Beechwood in the first round of the playoffs. There is alot of season left so just keep working and improving every week, and who knows what could happen...:thumb:

The last time Dayton won a playoff game was actually in 1998 with Charlie young as the featured back. That team also made it to the third round where they lost to Beechwood but it wasn't as close as the 1996 year with Skirvin and company.

Does that name sound familiar? His younger brother had the first interception of the game that set up the first TD...

on the game, well, it was ugly, all the way around... and it kind of came down to Ludlow made the last mistake... it was kind of careless IMO. Don't get me wrong Rouse did what he could most of the night with what was given to him, but it seemed like he kinda just reared back and let that one fly, somewhat ill advised. To his credit, he was backed up into his own end zone or near it with pressure in his face...

Does that name sound familiar? His younger brother had the first interception of the game that set up the first TD...

on the game, well, it was ugly, all the way around... and it kind of came down to Ludlow made the last mistake... it was kind of careless IMO. Don't get me wrong Rouse did what he could most of the night with what was given to him, but it seemed like he kinda just reared back and let that one fly, somewhat ill advised. To his credit, he was backed up into his own end zone or near it with pressure in his face...

Your right about that, Ludlow's line seemed a little off tonight. Defense played good though.