Dayton 19 Ludlow 14

futurecoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that name sound familiar? His younger brother had the first interception of the game that set up the first TD...

on the game, well, it was ugly, all the way around... and it kind of came down to Ludlow made the last mistake... it was kind of careless IMO. Don't get me wrong Rouse did what he could most of the night with what was given to him, but it seemed like he kinda just reared back and let that one fly, somewhat ill advised. To his credit, he was backed up into his own end zone or near it with pressure in his face...

Rouse got hit on that throw. Had he not, that might have been six for Ludlow because Trammel had his man beat. Great game defensively for Dayton. They knew Ludlow was a pass first team and they came out and stopped the pass. Who is that #75 for Dayton? He's a big kid with a good football build on him.

Dayton had a great game plan on defense in this one. They seemed to drop everyone back, and only counted on their line to put pressure on Jarrett, and they were able to do that sometimes. It was a very good scheme because it limited Ludlows passing lanes with so many Dayton guys in coverage...Ludlow I believe adjusted a little to late to that defense IMO, because Ludlow came out very pass happy in this game and should have ran the ball more early. I know me and my friend were talking on the phone while watching it online and that is what we told each other. We saw Dayton was dropping back alot of people on the pass. However after those Dayton turnovers Ludlow kept still trying to pass the ball, instead of running it. Ludlow finally in the 2nd quarter decided to start running the ball, and they started to move the ball pretty successfully, and set up their first touchdown. I believe if Ludlow would have tried to run the ball more after those turnovers we might have been able to come away with some points, and had the momentum on Ludlow side. But they kept trying to pass and that is a hard thing to do on Daytons defense when they have everyone back except their D-line. So I think Ludlow definitely didn't adjust to that quick enough...Ludlow defense which has been the weak spot on the team, actually played really good tonight. Both teams defenses played very good, and didn't have much help from the offenses, which had alot to do with just how well each defense played...

Once again it was a great game, and a very fun game to watch. And once again congrats to Dayton. And to Ludlow keep your heads up high guys, you played hard and just came out a little short. All three of you Ludlow, Dayton and Bellevue are evenly matched teams, and its been fun watching these games. Good luck to both Bellevue and Dayton when they see each other in the playoffs, and good luck Ludlow when get Beechwood in the first round of the playoffs. There is alot of season left so just keep working and improving every week, and who knows what could happen...:thumb:

Well it appears that the tigers will not be seeing the state champion's to be ludlow panthers in the play off's:D :D :D

Rouse got hit on that throw. Had he not, that might have been six for Ludlow because Trammel had his man beat. Great game defensively for Dayton. They knew Ludlow was a pass first team and they came out and stopped the pass. Who is that #75 for Dayton? He's a big kid with a good football build on him.

He didn't even look Young off... didn't check his other options... any free safety that knows what he is doing is taking that one back...

#75 is Tim McIntyre... he has gotten a lot of looks from colleges. Sometimes he struggles to keep his knees bent and gets a little too high though. But he had a great defensive effort last night applying pressure from a number of different D Line positions....

There is two plays that really made a difference in this game early. And that was when Ludlow had the ball at the 5 yard line I believe and had 3rd and inches to go, and Dayton stopped them both times to get the ball back...However I will like to add that on the 3rd and inches play, Ludlow got a HORRIBLE spot. Watching it live it looked like he easily got it, and then seeing on tape he definitely got it. I not really sure where the ref came up with the spot on that one. But on 4th down Dayton definitely stuffed it on the sneak, he actually lost yards on that sneak...

I tell you one thing though its probably going to be a real ugly low scoring battle between Dayton and Bellevue with not much offense. I wouldn't be suprised to see only defensive touchdowns in that game...

Well it appears that the tigers will not be seeing the state champion's to be ludlow panthers in the play off's:D :D :D

When have I ever implied that Ludlow would be the state champions. Because I know I actually realistic enough to know that Beechwood is head and shoulders above anyone in the district this year. And definitely would not say it would be a dogfight against them, or NCC for that matter...:sssh: :D

There is two plays that really made a difference in this game early. And that was when Ludlow had the ball at the 5 yard line I believe and had 3rd and inches to go, and Dayton stopped them both times to get the ball back...However I will like to add that on the 3rd and inches play, Ludlow got a HORRIBLE spot. Watching it live it looked like he easily got it, and then seeing on tape he definitely got it. I not really sure where the ref came up with the spot on that one. But on 4th down Dayton definitely stuffed it on the sneak, he actually lost yards on that sneak...

I tell you one thing though its probably going to be a real ugly low scoring battle between Dayton and Bellevue with not much offense. I wouldn't be suprised to see only defensive touchdowns in that game...

The game never comes down to officiating...from what I saw Dayton out coached, outplayed, and out manned Ludlow. Sorry future coaches....there are no room for excuses....especially if you are going to coach one day (that is day one stuff);)

The game never comes down to officiating...from what I saw Dayton out coached, outplayed, and out manned Ludlow. Sorry future coaches....there are no room for excuses....especially if you are going to coach one day (that is day one stuff);)

Wow buddy I must say go back and read all my post in this thread, I really have not made any excuses and have gave all the credit to Dayton..I guess by you not denying you agree though that was a terrible spot. I never said Ludlow would have won then, but that was a big play in the game....Plus I DEFINITELY do not need any coaching tips from the like of you..

I have four words for all Ludlow fans.............Thank God For Brossart!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow you act like Dayton is so much better than Ludlow, and we just need to be able to play Brossart to get a win. I wouldn't be saying stuff like this when Dayton only won by 5 points. The fact is and you know this as well as I do between Ludlow, Bellevue and Dayton this year. If each team played each other 10 times, each team probably would win 5 games against each other this year. All three teams are pretty much even this year. So dont go acting like thats not true, and that Ludlow could only beat a Brossart...I must say I not sure what is up with you man, because I definitely have not said anything in this thread to get Dayton people going, and actually have been more than nice and congratulating Dayton and giving praise to how well their defense played. Somebody here though might need to grow up...

Wow buddy I must say go back and read all my post in this thread, I really have not made any excuses and have gave all the credit to Dayton..I guess by you not denying you agree though that was a terrible spot. I never said Ludlow would have won then, but that was a big play in the game....Plus I DEFINITELY do not need any coaching tips from the like of you..

Who have you beat that is a solid win?